Are you a people’s person? Do you have experience and an eager desire in empowering an inclusive organizational culture, helping people grow and learn new things? Organic Basics is looking for an experienced and ambitious Head of People and Culture that can translate our inclusive and purpose driven culture into a community focused organization where people thrive and grow. This position requires you to take leadership in questioning, developing, coaching and implementing an inclusive and radical way of approaching and thinking about organizations: we are an organization on a quest to develop the best place to work in the fashion/garment industry – so we can fulfill our purpose of helping solve the climate crisis, one piece of garment at a time.
The fashion industry is the second most polluting industry in the world. Courage and teamwork is crucial for humankind to successfully address the climate crisis. Organic Basics is not only a direct-to-consumer brand, but an organization with a purpose that wants to be proactive in finding new solutions that can help build a better tomorrow and inspire change across an industry as a whole. In Organic Basics we’re working with a transparent way of communicating and are always working to get a deeper and better understanding of what we are doing, how we are doing it and why we are doing it. Often, it's a complex process, and it’s important to communicate this in a way that people can connect with and make sense of —
Would you like to play a key part in creating the future of purpose-driven organizations? Then read on.
● You have a relevant degree in HR or people and culture related studies.
● +5 years of relevant experience in HR, professional recruiting and/or managing employee relations.
● You have experience and/or a genuine interest in people and sustainability
● High level of interpersonal skills to maintain discretion when handling confidential and sensitive matters
● Ability to interact effectively and comfortably with various levels of leadership throughout the organization
● Ability to interact with individuals at all levels within the organization
● Exceptional verbal and written communication skills with experience in facilitation and presentation to drive meaningful change
● Highly proactive style of work, with a demonstrated track record of developing innovative process and approach to positive organizational development.
● Strong interpersonal skills including conflict management and negotiation skills
● Good analytical skills and affinity to metrics
● Strong understanding of how organizations work
● Previous experience with one or different SaaS-tools within Employee Engagement (and recruiting)
● Desire for new knowledge and radical organizational thinking, to keep skill set relevant
● Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with competing priorities
● You are detail-oriented and extremely organized
● Proactive, ambitious, and assertive: you take ownership of your work
● Entrepreneurial and can make things happen
● Results driven and a passion for all things people
● Motivated by making a change in the second most polluting industry in the world and help create even more transparency in how the fashion industry works
As our Head of People & Culture you will:
● Managing the recruitment process for all personnel and managing the hiring/onboarding process for all new members of the organization
● Develop and ensure a best in class onboarding process catering towards an international talent base
● Develop long-term recruitment strategies
● Uphold an engaging work environment throughout the organization by supporting, educating and coaching colleagues with leadership responsibility, on employee relations matters, ensuring empowerment of self-management, distributed decision making and wholeness throughout the organization
● Organizing and executing yearly all-hands office get-aways, together with management, to work with external coaches on relevant team building topics
● Develop and maintain consistent application of employee policies
● Managing the performance development process by partnering with team leads across the organization to address specific issues
● Administrate policy actions and performance improvement plans
● Ensures legal compliance with national employment and benefits laws/regulations and provides support for activities related to laws and regulations governing HR practices
● Oversee and manage any employment offboarding processes, to ensure these are done in the most professional, and transparent manner
● Prepares HR reporting, metrics and key findings to the management team on a monthly basis. You will be reporting directly to the management team.
● Collaborating & communicating internally in our organization on all aspects of people and culture related matters & deliveries
● Together with other administrative/ad hoc tasks as instructed by the management
What we offer:
● Healthy vegetarian catered lunch.
● Private Organic Basics yoga class every Thursday.
● Natural wine and good tunes every Friday.
● Monthly social activities.
● Unlimited organic coffee, energy drinks, tea, fruit and a selection of healthy (and not so healthy) snacks.
● A flat hierarchy and an entrepreneurial organization with high ambitions.
● A challenging, fast-paced, and highly dynamic environment.
● High expectations and challenges to help you reach your highest potential.
● Access to a big network of business partners, advisors, and professionals.
● An international and exciting working environment with a team of 50 people and colleagues from more than 20 different nationalities.
We are committed to creating a diverse environment and encourage anyone to apply for the position, regardless of national origin, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetics, disability or age.
Start date: 1.3.2021
This job comes with several perks and benefits
Enjoy a free catered lunch with your colleagues, every day.
Time is precious. Make it count. Morning person or night owl, this job is for you.
Get your caffeine fix to get you started and keep you going.
Easy access and treehugger friendly workplace.
Social gatherings and games; hang out with your colleagues.
Peckish after lunch? We got your back with soft drinks, treats and fruit.