Empirical is a flavor company.
We may not consciously think about it all the time, but flavor is an incredibly powerful way of registering memories. The stories of our lives can be captured through flavors.
Empirical is forever inspired by the role flavor plays in our ability to create and transport experiences. Many of us have spent a significant amount of blood and sweat working in some of the world’s best kitchens with the hope of pushing the boundaries of how we experience food. But Empirical is a newfound approach in bringing together our past and our experiences into something new. The outcome is something that’s democratic and shareable and driven by the journey of creating unique and unexpected flavors.
With a chef’s palate that focuses on flavor and detail, and a scientific philosophy on exploring the world around us, our company blends innovative techniques, fermentation, and high-quality local ingredients to create new discoveries. We are on a constant search to discover flavors to share around the world.
We are looking for a restless soul to join our production team as a Production Plant Manager.
In this role you will be leading the daily operations of a very talented team - from koji production to final distillation.
Confidence, competitive mindset and teamwork are a must and the candidate should be able to adapt fast and cover a wide range of responsibilities.
The Production Manager’s main function is to ensure efficient and timely production of services, within budget and to industry standard.
The successful candidate will be able to plan, organise and control the branch needs while overseeing staffing requirements and will streamline processes for operational effectiveness.
The Production Manager will report to the senior management.
WHERE WILL YOUR TIME TYPICALLY BE SPENT?
● Establishing and facilitating departmental procedures which in turn enhance the production and efficiency of the department, while supporting safety policies and procedures
● Planning out the ongoing production programme. Ensure the production schedule is up-to-date and well executed
● Overseeing, monitoring and maintenance coordination of general facility utilities and all production equipment
● Supervising, reviewing and revising crew scheduling, if required
● Monitoring and regulating staff needs to ensure optimum performance levels
● Working together with Procurement to oversee consumable and equipment stock for increased financial effectiveness
● Auditing and reviewing paperwork and processes to ensure compliance
● Monitoring and scheduling orientation/training for new and existing employees in conjunction with the Health and Safety Committee.
● Practicing good housekeeping at all times to ensure a safe and non-cluttered worksite
● Ensuring that all requirements from the Danish Working Environment Authority and Danish Veterinary and Food Administration (DVFA) are in place and updated.
● Participates in and demonstrates an understanding of safety principles and practices; follows all safety policies and procedures to support a safe working environment, including safe operation of machines and equipment
● Reporting production status to senior management
● 4+ years Brewing/Distilling industry experience required
● 2+ years experience in a leadership role preferred
● Experience and knowledge of provincial health and safety standards and food authorities requirements
● Working knowledge with supply chain and production planning
● Eligible driver’s license
● Ability to work within a team
● Proven ability to multitask in a fast paced environment
● Willing to work evenings, on call and weekends when requested
● Languages: Danish (Advanced); English (Advanced)
This job comes with several perks and benefits
Time is precious. Make it count. Morning person or night owl, this job is for you.
Get your caffeine fix to get you started and keep you going.
Easy access and treehugger friendly workplace.
Social gatherings and games; hang out with your colleagues.