Do you have a dream of building a truly global impact startup? And would you rather skip the first 2 years of uncertainty and no salary? Then here's your opportunity to jump right ahead and become the lead hardware engineer of a growing IoT startup with funding secured.
You will use your skillset to build a product that addresses one of the largest challenges of this century: Water scarcity. You will join and become a core team member of an impact-driven IoT startup that has proven its business and is on the verge to scale. You'll gain invaluable experience in all the areas of hardware development and manufacturing. You will be paid monthly and offered ownership of the company as you help develop the product.
Our solution consists of a hardware system and a cloud software platform that assists farmers to optimize irrigation. Your job would be to, in a few months, take over the ownership of the hardware and firmware with the assistance of our current hardware lead engineer and our CEO.
You need to have previous experience in developing embedded systems involving both firmware and PCB design. Experience with IoT device development, management of engineering projects, and setting up manufacturing is a plus. Good communication and the ability to structure and take responsibility for translating customer requirements into technical implementations are key.
You are an electronics engineer with at least 2 years of professional experience who's got ambitions to own and devise future directions for a complex product portfolio and is excited by the thought of joining and becoming a central part of a growing startup. Your responsibility will be broad, ranging from EM sensing R&D, supply chain management to installations on-site at customers in Europe. We expect you to be the primary manager of future employees in the electronics team.
Our core team consists of 3 engineers and a business guy, who are all driven by solving real-world problems, doing a difference, and building awesome stuff. We sit in an office in Copenhagen, and we expect you to work on-premises most days of the week to be a part of our team culture - although we generally have flexible work hours.
As a team this is what guides us: We care: stay open-minded, be inclusive and respect diversity, both in and outside of the team. We put impact first: focus on what matters most, create impact and be transparent. We aim high: we take risks while staying humble and open to advice.
- Identify relevant partners and set up production and quality control in order to start larger-scale manufacturing of our dataloggers and gateway units
- Develop existing firmware to cater over-the-air updates
- Develop a new NB-IoT datalogger based on our existing LoRa architecture (firmware and PCB)
- Develop and build prototypes of more experimental hardware devices from our future pipeline
- Go to customers and assist in system installations, as well as troubleshooting and technical support
- C / C++
- PCB design of embedded systems
- The ability to take full ownership of your work and juggle both in house development, manufacturing pipelines and customer requests at the same time
Important but not mandatory:
- IoT development or other wireless low power devices
- Setup of manufacturing and quality control
- Supply chain management
Nice to have:
- Management experience of development projects
- Compliance and certification experience
- Working with MQTT, LoRa and NB protocols
- Drivers licence
This job comes with several perks and benefits
Enjoy a free catered lunch with your colleagues, every day.
Get your caffeine fix to get you started and keep you going.
Want to be a partner? Look no further.
Friday is something special, let's enjoy a beer together.
Time is precious. Make it count. Morning person or night owl, this job is for you.
Easy access and treehugger friendly workplace.