We are searching for a financial hero of a co-founder whom is enthusiastic & passionate about advancing sustainability in the marketplace.
Fortunately, we are at a life-stage where we need "all heroes on deck", so we can fly even higher.
You'll be happy at ‘hoodheroes if you enjoy:
- Taking initiative, proactively & reliably
- Owning your role in uncertainty
- Failing forward and upward
- Tribe togetherness (We over I)
- Working for a more awesome planet
If this sounds like you, then COME FLY WITH US and we promise a journey & impact you will be proud of toward our marvelous quest! 🚀
You will spearhead the financial management of the company.
This includes the development of a financial and operational strategy, metrics tied to that strategy, management and reporting upon business intelligence, and the ongoing development and monitoring of control systems designed to preserve company assets and report accurate financial results. We expect you are strong in accounting practices. Experience with cross-border operations is an advantage. You will be at the forefront of reporting to the board and to the markets.
Principal responsibilities are:
- Assist in formulating the company's future direction and supporting tactical initiatives
- Monitor and direct the implementation of strategic business plans
- Develop financial and tax strategies
- Manage the capital request and budgeting processes
- Work with CEO and BI-team to develop performance measures that support the company's strategic direction
- Participate in key decisions as a member of the management team
- Maintain in-depth relations with all members of the management team
- Manage accounting, legal, tax, and treasury
- Oversee the financial operations of subsidiary companies and foreign operations (when relevant)
- Manage any third parties to which functions have been outsourced
- Oversee the company's transaction processing systems
- Implement operational best practices related to accounting
- Implement and oversee employee benefit plans
- Supervise acquisition due diligence together with the rest of the management team
- Oversee the issuance of financial information
- Personally review and approve all relevant forms with government authorities.
- Report financial results to the board of directors
- Comfortable to operate in an environment where company stocks are listed publicly
- Updates job knowledge by remaining aware of new regulations; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Understand and mitigate key elements of the company's risk profile
- Monitor all open legal issues involving the company, and legal issues affecting the industry
- Construct and monitor reliable control systems
- Maintain appropriate insurance coverage
- Ensure that the company complies with all legal and regulatory requirements
- Ensure that record keeping meets the requirements of auditors and government agencies
- Report risk issues to the audit committee of the board of directors
- Maintain relations with external auditors and investigate their findings and recommendations
- Monitor cash balances and cash forecasts
- Arrange for potential debt financing
- Support CEO in equity fundraising efforts
- Participate and lead when necessary discussions with potential investors and lenders.
- Participate in conference calls with the investors
- Participate in discussions with 'hoodHeroes partnerships involving joint ventures
- Maintain banking relationships
The to-be hero we are looking for:
The candidate chief financial officer should have a master's degree in accounting or business administration, or equivalent business experience and minimum 5 years of progressively responsible experience for a company or division of a corporation. Should have experience in partnering with an executive team, and have a high level of written and oral communication skills.
- Proven experience as finance officer or similar relevant role (preferably in a B2B SaaS business)
- In depth knowledge of corporate financial law and risk management practices
- Excellent knowledge of data analysis and forecasting methods
- Proficient in the use of financial management software
- Ability to strategize and solve problems
- Strong leadership and organizational skills
- Excellent communication and people skills
- An analytical mind, comfortable with numbers
- Strong Danish and English language skills
- An entrepreneurial mindset
If you are the right candidate but currently in a job, that provides you with a necessary basic financial security that we won't be able to offer until we have raised the next round of funds, we are open for an initial part-time engagement.
Drop us a line about your motivation to become our future CFO & Co-founder. Tell us about your entrepreneurial mindset and why you are the partner that we are looking for.