Reduced is an innovative food production company. We specialize in creating high-quality food products made from excess produce.
Our mission is to reduce food waste by using vegetables, protein and other nutritional sources leftover from the conventional food industry.
Right now, we put all our time and effort into creating sustainable stock and fermented flavour enhancers.
We aim to develop a broad portfolio of products that will
replace conventional choices.
Always with a focus on taste and sustainability.
In 6 months we have developed and launch four products based on excess produce, without seeking any financing. The products are sold in 55 supermarkets (Irma, SuperBrugsen, Meyers Deli etc), at Nemlig.com and in food service.
The products are developed with one thing in mind: "How can we make taste from waste?".
These are the six products:
1) Organic Umami Drops, Chicken: Made from egglaying chickens in excess from egg production. The chickens usually are used for biogas. We are changing this.
2) Organic Umami Drops, Mushroom: Made of excess faulty mushrooms from mushroom production. Instead of them going to waste, we create delicious vegan umami from them.
3) Organic Chicken Stock: Made from egglaying chickens in excess from egg production. The chickens usually are used for biogas. We are changing this.
4) Shellfish Stock: Made from some of the 12 billion shore crabs in the Danish seas. Shore crabs are a massive problem for fishermen and they harm marine ecosystems.
5) Organic Vegetable Stock: Made from nordic seaweed and fragments of dried mushrooms. Seaweed is considered as one of the most overseen and essential resources of future
6) Organic Veal Stock: Made from bull calf bones in excess from milk production. There is little demand for bull calf bones. We strive to change the value chain.
We now have a proven product-market fit and are looking into scaling our operation.