We are looking for a passionate Software Engineer to design, develop and deliver great software. We want someone that works well with uncertainty, frequent changes to product specifications and can move fast.
Our ideal candidates are familiar with the software development life cycle from preliminary system analysis to tests and deployment. The role is primarily backend but will require flexibility and a start-up mentality.
You will be one of the first engineers to join us at this level, and depending on your interests, you’ll contribute to various efforts from raising the bar in terms of best practices to the hiring and growth of the loyalBe engineering team.
Salary and equity are competitive and negotiable depending on experience.
- Write well-designed, testable code
- Build systems at scale, learn new technologies and share knowledge
- Solve hard technical challenges with good coding practices while being conscious of functionality and robustness
- Develop a deep understanding of our entire stack and the processes and technologies relevant to our fintech space
- Fully own the design and development of multiple features
Our Tech Stack (Knowledge of two or more of the below is desirable)
- Swift (iOS)
- Java (Android & Backend)
- MySQL / MariaDB
- Proven work experience as a Software Engineer or Software Developer
- Knowledge of at least one high level programming language (Java, C#, C++ or similar)
- Knowledge of relational databases and ORM technologies (e.g. Hibernate)
- Experience developing web applications using at least one popular web framework or library (e.g. Spring MVC, ReactJS, VueJS)
- Ideally experience with AWS
- A stake in the company you are building through a stock option plan. Stock options will be a % figure of the company, not "x shares", so you will know exactly how much you own.
- Competitive Salary
- Macbook Pro, monitor, google apps - whatever tools you need to get your job done
- Frequent team lunches
- Free tea and coffee
- City centre location (Donegal Square West or Ormeau Baths)
- Flexible working arrangements and flexible working hours - work life balance is very important to us
- The ability to have a huge impact in a small company
This job comes with several perks and benefits
Get your caffeine fix to get you started and keep you going.
Social gatherings and games; hang out with your colleagues.
Easy access and treehugger friendly workplace.
Friday is something special, let's enjoy a beer together.
We take care of you, even when you are old and wrinkly.
Are you a true Tech Savvy? Macbook, trackpad ,Oculus Rift, you name it, we get you covered.