Location: Copenhagen, Denmark. Full-time on-site position (no remote work)
Travel: Expected <20% of work time
Reports to: CPO
Starting date: ASAP
Are you ready to revolutionize the development and manufacturing of the electronic, photonics, and optics industries? Join ATLANT 3D on an amazing journey where you'll be part of a team disrupting 60 years of micro and nanofabrication technologies and systems. We offer a once-in-a-lifetime experience, developing unique solutions that make a difference.
We're seeking a Head of Software Development to build and lead a team of developers, architect software solutions, and deliver products for the electronics and optics industries. You'll collaborate with highly skilled engineers and scientists, combining theory, simulation, prototyping, and testing to develop innovative nanotechnology solutions.
● Define software architecture for manufacturing systems and related software products.
● Lead a team of developers and subcontracted companies to deliver required software solutions.
● Manage software development and maintenance processes, including multi-generation software architecture.
● Ensure expertise in real-time machine controls, embedded software, algorithms, UI, IP protection, embedded cybersecurity, and industry standards.
● Implement off-the-shelf solutions and have experience with machine learning (ML) and artificial intelligence (AI).
● Define positions and requirements for new hires, lead the hiring effort, and build an effective team.
● Report to the Chief Product Officer, deliver projects on time and within budget.
● Advanced degree in Computer Science, Machine Control Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or related fields with a minimum of 8 years of relevant industrial experience.
● Proven experience leading software development teams for complex fabrication systems, including real-time machine control for micro-positioning, thermal management, material transfer, sensor input, user interface, etc.
● Hands-on programming, debugging, and testing skills in relevant software languages and environments (C/C++, embedded software, Embedded Windows, Linux).
● Familiarity with software development methodologies and systems.
● Extensive experience in developing, deploying, and integrating software solutions.
● Knowledge of machine fault detection methodologies.
● Experience with machine learning and artificial intelligence for optimizing fabrication processes and machine control.
● Familiarity with PLC-based machine controls.
Skills and Competencies:
● Results-oriented with the ability to plan and deliver projects on time.
● Strong leadership, mentoring, and coaching abilities.
● Excellent problem-solving, analytical, and communication skills.
● Ability to manage multiple projects, work on time-critical tasks, and collaborate with stakeholders.
● Proficiency in Microsoft Office and documenting processes.
● Proficiency in English, both verbal and written.
● Demonstrated project management experience.
Join us and enjoy:
● An opportunity to revolutionize the electronics, photonics, and optics industry.
● Influence and contribute to a fast-growing company.
● International team collaboration and a supportive work environment.
● Opportunities for personal and career advancement.
● Working with state-of-the-art technologies and innovative projects.
● Interactions with international partners, suppliers, customers, and associated travel.
ATLANT 3D is a unique workplace driven by exceptional, innovative people. Each team member is unique in our company and contributes to building an international, intelligent, diverse, and positive work culture nurtured by a sharp vision and authentic engagement. By joining us, you will have the opportunity to enhance your skills and develop and drive impact. As an agile organization, we aim to empower our employees with flexibility, transparent management, and inspiring learning. And then we love and support you when you develop into a new role on your career path.
We love passionate and motivated people (like you!) to help us bring innovative solutions, drive impact and be a part of a unique, exciting growth journey.
Ready to start an exciting journey at ATLANT 3D? Be curious and read about us here.
If you want to know more about the position, please contact Head of People & Culture Susie Sandberg by email or mobile.
ATLANT 3D is a Danish deep-tech company founded in 2018 with a mission to revolutionize electronics manufacturing atom by atom. The company is developing a fundamentally different and innovative platform for direct atomic layer processing/patterning (DALP) technology that enables atomically precise manufacturing of advanced materials and structures for the electronics, optics, and photonics industries.
At ATLANT 3D, we are a highly dynamic, international, and multidisciplinary team of experienced professionals. The ATLANT 3D team culture is a significant asset that drives radical innovation and rapid movement and creates differentiating benefits like a bold vision, concrete technology and commercial value. ATLANT 3D closed a substantial Series A investment round in August 2022, Denmark’s largest Series A round outside the life sciences and software field. The funding will accelerate ATLANT 3D growth, including expanding the engineering and commercial teams, further developing the technology platform, and expanding ATLANT 3D business to the international markets.
This job comes with several perks and benefits
Want to be a partner? Look no further.
We want to take you from good to great.
Social gatherings and games; hang out with your colleagues.
Get your caffeine fix to get you started and keep you going.
Peckish after lunch? We got your back with soft drinks, treats and fruit.
Easy access and treehugger friendly workplace.