With our breakthrough apps we are changing how the e-commerce industry captures and publishes images. Autopix puts the photo studio in the pocket of users making the publishing process more efficient and user friendly. With our smartphone technology you no longer need to hire expensive photographers. Simply allow our photo guide to help you take professional photos at a fraction of the cost.
We are an ambitious team, focused on building user friendly and efficient tools with expected revenue between 11-13 MNok in 2021. We currently work in close collaboration with some of the biggest names in Norway, which include - Varner Group, XXL, Holzweiler, Høyer, Tradesolution, and many other well-known companies. Our offices are at Startup Lab in Oslo’s Science Park, one of the leading tech hubs in Scandinavia.
Our current backend, frontend architecture and design need to be rebuilt and as a result, we are looking for a Full-Stack Developer to join us as a Co-Founder and become an essential part of our team. Currently the image production platform is found on 3sixtyfactory.com while the mobile apps are named Autopix.no The exciting new platform we are building will all be rebranded as Autopix.
The current Laravel stack is managing 10TB of data yearly and we predict this volume to grow extensively over the next few years. Although the current system has a lot of backend complexity, we need the front-end UI to be easy and efficient to use and in accordance with our mission - “Working better together”.
Our popular mobile application is used by companies such as: Toyota Norway, Bertel O. Steen, Mobile, and other leading car dealerships in Norway, Sweden and Denmark, to help sell their cars faster and at a higher price by using professional quality images.
At Autopix we are committed to creating a relaxed, fun, friendly and inclusive working environment. Under normal circumstances, we have social lunches - “Falafel Friday” - and participate in team-building activities throughout the year. Having fun and making cool stuff is at the heart of everything we do!
We offer the freedom to try new things, solve problems, take ownership of your own work, as well as practising flexible working hours.
About you and the role:
We are looking for a talented Full-Stack Developer to join us as a Co-Founder.
This is a unique and exciting opportunity to join a well-established scale-up, at a vital rebuilding stage, allowing you to play a significant role in building and shaping the future of Autopix, together with the existing Co-Founder's Erlend Bakke (CEO) and Adam Finch (COO).
You love programming and are passionate about building technology focused on efficiencies, simplicity and functionality, for both back and front end solutions. You understand that simplicity and user interaction are crucial elements of business success.
You are self-driven, have a desire to learn new things and are quick to do so, and are always looking to optimise new and existing systems.
We value people for who they are and we are looking for someone; honest, transparent, fun, and that will work well in a team. Internally we value having a growth mindset and value failure as much as success, as failing means we learn essential lessons, grow, and become better at what we do.
Ultimately, we want someone who will be part of our close-knit team, so we can have fun while working together on creating the best possible technology for our users and the future of the business.
You will be in charge of building, developing and maintaining the platform ultimately helping us take the company to the next level as we expand globally. Given the close proximity in which you will work with your co-founders, you will be given a lot of flexibility and freedom to create and innovate cool things!
You will also oversee our mobile apps for both iOS & Android that send images to the production platform. You will provide important input on how we move forwards with new technology, with the objective of building photo-assisted functions that allow users to take better photos, as well as automating the editing process using any available ML or AI technology.
🚀 Main responsibilities:
- Develop technical aspects of the platform to ensure alignment with its business goals.
- Discover and implement new technologies that yield a competitive advantage.
- Help the business use technology profitably.
- Supervise system infrastructure to ensure functionality and efficiency.
- Build quality assurance and data protection processes.
- Use stakeholders’ feedback to inform necessary improvements and adjustments.
- Ensure high levels of security are maintained and upgraded where necessary.
- Communicate technology strategies to the co-founders.
🙌 Skill & Experience:
- Proven experience in a similar role.
- Excellent full-stack web development experience.
- Knowledge of technological trends.
- Ability to conduct technological analyses and research.
- Communication skills.
- Superb organisational abilities.
- Strategic thinking.
- Problem-solving aptitude.
- Interest in the business aspects of the startup.
- Willingness to learn and desire to build something great.
- Capacity to work independently.
- Experience with cloud services such as AWS is appreciated but not required.
- Excellent English level, written as well as verbal (work is primarily conducted in English).
- Norwegian is not essential, but would be beneficial.
- Nice to have - prior experience at a growth stage Internet/software company.
- BSc/BA in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field.
💻 Current Tech stack:
😎 Personal characteristics:
- Result-oriented, purposeful and hungry for success.
- Excellent understanding of interface design and the importance of design in general.
- Structured, self-propelled, proactive and effective.
- Ability to look at the big picture, and long term goals.
- Love what you do and live what you do.
- Most important of all is that we have a lot of fun building and growing the business together.
🎁 Autopix offers:
- Competitive salary.
- Potential equity opportunities.
- Exciting and varied work tasks.
- Friendly and skilled colleagues.
- Great development and growth opportunities.
- Opportunities to attend courses and conferences.
- Annual company trips and team building sessions.
- Remote when you need to.
- Fantastic location and environment
We look forward to hearing from you :)
Our office is at Startup Lab (https://startuplab.no), inside Oslo Science Park on the University of Oslo Campus, a short walking distance from the Blindern subway.
(Click for directions - https://goo.gl/maps/Vvxf7YETpkui34mE6).
This job comes with several perks and benefits
Enjoy a free catered lunch with your colleagues, every day.
Time is precious. Make it count. Morning person or night owl, this job is for you.
Get your caffeine fix to get you started and keep you going.
Easy access and treehugger friendly workplace.
Social gatherings and games; hang out with your colleagues.
We take care of you, even when you are old and wrinkly.