For 20-40 thousand years, dogs have been humans' best friend... and now it’s time for us to become theirs. Our mission at Petli is to help people understand and communicate with their dog on a deeper level. The Petli app will help people become responsible dog parents from day one, in a fun and mobile format.
By utilizing gamification and personalization, we teach people ethology as well as how to train their dogs using positive reinforcement. Training programs created by some of Sweden's best dog trainers help the user better understand and train their four legged family members. We even offer personal feedback and guidance from our in house dog trainers, to help the user succeed. As a user you can also take exams and earn medals to share on social media to show off your dog's progress.
We are on a mission to help people become their dog's best friend.
A key member!
As Petli’s first Product Designer, you will be a key member of the team as you will be leading the design process. Your mission will be to help millions of dog parents to become their dog’s best friend. To succeed you will need to be highly dedicated and motivated to continue to build an intuitive product and a seamless experience for the user. The user comes first at all times and you will want to create value for them and inspire them to keep coming back to the Petli app.
• You will, together with the team, design, iterate and develop the product.
• You will do UX research, listen to users and translate their feedback into new features or improvements that we incorporate into the product.
• You will create high quality wireframes, prototypes and optimally design the final UI for implementation.
• You will want to create a design system to save time.
• You will explore new ideas and make them tangible through prototyping and visualisation.
• You have experience of designing mobile applications. It is a plus if you have worked with a consumer facing subscription product.
• You are a team player with communications skills so that you can share the strategy and thought process behind ideas and solutions to the team.
• You love problem solving. Problems are not a problem for you, you see them as an opportunity to creatively come up with new ideas solving the problem.
• Proficiency with design and prototyping tools such as Figma, Sketch or equivalent is needed.
• You truly love design and have a lot of empathy and love for people.
• You are proactive, take initiative and your friends know you as a doer. You are not afraid to get your hands dirty.
• Extra plus if you have or have had a dog or love dogs
What about us?
You will become a key member of a very ambitious team that is striving towards changing the pet industry. We’re a very positive and curious team that don’t believe in the old way of doing things. We question everything and challenge each other to find the best possible way forward. We have data-driven, iterative and compassion for the user imprinted in our DNA and believe that the best way of building a product is by analyzing qualitative and quantitative data. We want to create a product that the user can hold in their hand and at the same time as it holds the user's hand, throughout a dog’s life. We are relentless in wanting to create value for dog’s and dog parents.
Our company culture is fun, healthy, challenging and diverse. Our experience is that people from different backgrounds solve problems more efficiently together. Our priority is therefore to have a diversified culture. We have experiences from a wide range of companies and cultures and we all agree that the most thriving workplace is one where people’s health is put first. People perform the best when they are feeling happy and healthy, enjoying their work and colleagues. We will care about you and your wellbeing.
Does this sound like a team you want to join? Do you share our vision and love of dogs? Are you the phenomenal Product Designer we’re looking for? If so, please email us your application together with a link to your portfolio of professional design projects that includes work. We have a very exciting journey ahead of us and we hope that you are the fellow traveler we are looking for.
Petli in the press: https://www.breakit.se/artikel/29717/petli-rivstartar-med-nytt-kapital-vill-att-du-tranar-din-hund-pa-natet
What the recruitment process looks like:
1. Video meeting with one of the founders
3. Video call with all founders and the team
This job comes with several perks and benefits
Time is precious. Make it count. Morning person or night owl, this job is for you.
Get your caffeine fix to get you started and keep you going.
Easy access and treehugger friendly workplace.
Want to be a partner? Look no further.
We take care of you, even when you are old and wrinkly.
You know how you perform best. Work from your couch, your favorite cafe or abroad when you feel like it.