We need your help to make the world a more friendly place!
Speedfriending has the last months pivoted into the digital sphere, are we are now looking for someone who loves challenges, has a can-do-attitude, and are aligned with the visions and ambitions of Speedfriending. We are currently developing the Speedfriending app and a video platform. We have professional developers working with us on this, but it would be more efficient to do more of this in-house.
In this role you will become an integral part of our team. You will be responsible for creating and modifying computer application software, website, web app, mobile app and specialized utility programs.
The position can be part-time or full-time, we will figure out this together. The working hours are flexible, and we prefer applicants who are based in Scandinavia or speak one of the Scandinavian languages.
- Help analyze user needs and develop app and digital video platform
- Research and recommend software upgrades to optimize operational efficiency
- Collaborate with other developers to design and optimize code
- Create flowcharts and user guides for new and existing programs
- Document programming tasks and procedures
- Perform routine software maintenance
- Previous experience in software development, computer engineering, or other related fields
- Experience with building mobile applications in React native, and familiarity with PHP
- Familiarity with relational databases such as MySQL, Oracle, and SQL Server
- Experience developing cross-browser and cross-platform compatible solutions
- Back-End: API design and development Mongo DB RESTful Services Web server technology: Node.js Framework Express.js Experience with Amazon AWS
- Front end build experience with Webpack Consuming REST services (with the ability to create services preferred) Version control with Git
- 2+ years of React/Redux and Node/Express.js experience
- Can create a visually appealing front end for web-based application and use creativity
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science (CS) or related field or equivalent experience is required for the position
- Creative, system orientated and a fast learner
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Ambitious, flexible and hard working
- Deadline- and detail oriented
- Someone who understands what building culture means - a team player
As a part of our team, you'll enjoy:
- The hustle of a startup with the possible impact of a global business
- Tremendous opportunity to solve some of society's biggest challenges
- Working with an extraordinary team of smart, creative, and highly motivated people
- Traveling, meeting people and creating opportunities for learning
We are looking forward to hearing from you!
This job comes with several perks and benefits
Time is precious. Make it count. Morning person or night owl, this job is for you.
Social gatherings and games; hang out with your colleagues.
You know how you perform best. Work from your couch, your favorite cafe or abroad when you feel like it.
We want to take you from good to great.