Equilibrium is a venture studio working on core infrastructure for the distributed web. We work on a variety of open source projects including rust-ipfs, orbitdb and interledger-rs. We are looking for a Senior Engineer to join us. The position is remote-first, but we hope to get some facetime in the form of company retreats if such things are ever possible post-pandemic.
You would be working with our distributed team of engineers on new products, core protocols or client projects. Most of the work we do is or will eventually be open source. Our teams are largely self-organising in that they design their own processes and choose their own tools. We know each team and each project is different, so we try very hard not to mandate unnecessary processes on anyone. We trust our teams to deliver and let them get to work in the way they think is best.
Job duties include, but are not limited to:
- Researching and understanding complex protocols
- Designing, implementing and documenting distributed systems
- Developing protocols or protocol-driven applications in Rust
- Designing and developing testing and quality assurance processes
- Communicating with clients or open source communities
Must-have skills and qualifications:
- Experience in systems programming
- Experience in leading small teams
- Ability to design interoperable software architectures
- At least 5+ years of experience in collaborative software development
- At least 1 year of hands-on Rust experience
- Full proficiency in English
- Experience with domain-specific languages
- Cryptography & infosec knowledge
Salary & benefits:
Salary and benefits will be negotiated separately based on the candidate’s skills and experience. Make sure to include your salary request in the application!
More about the company:
Equilibrium builds core infrastructure for the new distributed web. We are a group of humans who think the web should be open source, peer-to-peer and private by default.
Make sure to include in your application:
- A short paragraph on why you would like to work at Equilibrium specifically
- Links to any relevant content (Github, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc.)
- Your salary request
- Potential starting date
This job comes with several perks and benefits
Time is precious. Make it count. Morning person or night owl, this job is for you.
Kids are the future, go spend time with them.
You know how you perform best. Work from your couch, your favorite cafe or abroad when you feel like it.
Carve out time for your kids, friends and personal cider projects.
Metropolitists, beach boys and mountaineers we salute you and pay you to go and explore the world.