Are you ready to be part of WasteHero and help us to conquer the world? You will be part of an organization which is on a mission to redefine the modern-day waste management industry. Become part of a group of talented and like-minded people. We are on a mission to create a greener and cleaner future with smart waste collection worldwide!
You will be part of our Aarhus office (able to work onsite) and work closely with our sales team. We recruit interns who we believe have the required abilities and ambition to get either a permanent or part-time position afterwards. During your internship, you will be trusted with a lot of responsibility, and have control over your own projects.
The start date is flexible and can be arranged to fall on the 1st of July, August or September. Interviews will be conducted throughout the entire recruitment process. The internships are normally 4-6 months, however we are flexible to find a solution which is fitting for both parties.
A business developer will be actively pursuing new business opportunities by researching new markets, building a pipeline of leads and nurturing relationships.
You will be making both inbound and outbound activities to prospects, scheduling demos for the account executive team. You will be qualifying leads and managing your customers through the pipeline yourself. You will become an expert on our brand, business model and technologies with help from the sales team.
To be a good fit for this role, you should thrive in a dynamic work environment and be able to work autonomously and as part of a team. It’s important that you’re a self-starter and take initiative wherever possible.
· You'll be generating new business opportunities to fuel the pipelines.
· You’ll work closely with Account Executives to develop targeted lists, call strategies, and messaging to drive opportunities for new business.
· Conducting high-level conversations with Senior Executives in target accounts
· Researching and building new and existing accounts (i.e. adding contacts, sending regular emails and qualifying opportunities into the Account Executive/Account Manager’s pipeline)
· Attending trade shows / in-person events
For this position you should be a result and process-oriented person. You should be ambitious and take responsibility for the tasks you are given. The days are often never the same, so you need to thrive in a changing environment.
· Fluent in English.
· You are a people person. You love to communicate with all sorts of people, from your colleagues to C-level decision-makers at potential clients.
· You like building relationships, asking the right questions, and helping people solve their problems with WasteHero solutions.
· You’re organized and responsible, and we can rely on you to run with a project alone and get it done.
· You are supportive and encouraging by nature, striving to be the best version of yourself and lift those around you up.
· You’re not afraid to take risks or face multiple rejections on the way to success.
· You are ambitious and want to make a difference where you work. You are eager to contribute to a positive and productive work environment.
· Experience in cold calling is an advantage.
About The Team
We are passionate product builders. We love to create high-quality software platforms that cities and companies can use to avoid wasting resources, overflowing bins, and emptying bins that are only half-full.
At WasteHero, we believe that technology has the power to make waste collection efficient and sustainable. Our mission is to empower our customers to become greener, cleaner, and smarter. The company encompasses a highly diverse team (10+ nationalities) of 25 bright and friendly people working together in cross-functional teams ranging from sensor, cloud, sales and growth!
WasteHero is a fast-paced, dynamic company that is venture backed from Silicon Valley investors! We are determined not to stop before we are the world-leading provider of the most sustainable and cost-efficient solution for modern waste management software. We are searching for talents who are looking to get valuable experience within sales and business development, who are willing to go the extra mile to reach the goals of the organization. The internship at WasteHero will allow you to gain and improve your skills. The internships are intended to end with a full time position or a student job.
· Flexible working hours
· Skill development
· Fast-paced scale up environment
· Room for growth and initiative
· Possibility of employment
· Payment for transport costs to and from office
What you need to know
The internship position is unpaid.
We aim to have the position filled by 1 July 2021. Interviews will be conducted in an ongoing manner throughout the recruitment process.
Do you fulfil the requirements? Can you see yourself thriving within a fast-paced company? If you answered yes to the above, we’d love to hear from you! Send your CV and motivational letter via The Hub.
This job comes with several perks and benefits
Time is precious. Make it count. Morning person or night owl, this job is for you.
Get your caffeine fix to get you started and keep you going.
Easy access and treehugger friendly workplace.
Social gatherings and games; hang out with your colleagues.
Peckish after lunch? We got your back with soft drinks, treats and fruit.
We want to take you from good to great.