Does an opportunity as a Senior Front-End Engineer sound exciting? You would have the chance to work on a collaborative team to create a product that is fun, simple and unique. This is a high profile position perfect for someone looking to leverage their expertise in front-end development while shaping the future of a growing firm with the opportunity to work on some really exciting problems.
- Extensive experience building production-ready front-end applications in React
- Experience setting up and using metrics, monitoring and analytics tools to measure front-end application performance
- Ability to create clean and organised front-end code that optimally loads.
- In-depth knowledge of HTML and CSS
- You have a fun and positive approach to your work, and treat others well.
- Ability and experience in mentoring others as you believe that success is defined by the whole group
Nice to haves:
- Comfort in working on mobile-first web products
- Understanding the vision and goals for a web product, and looking at things from the user's perspective
- Ability to craft leading-edge front-end interactions
- Experience in implementing front-ends for Ruby backed systems is a big bonus
- Understanding of best practices for using libraries, version control, and sticking to a shared software development process
- Experience monitoring and maximising the SEO of a web product
- Experience working with remote team members or offshore teams
- You don't just crank out code and get a job done... you love what you do, and you love technology, and you're excited about the future
We operate like a startup, so being self-motivated, curious, and flexible is a good start. You prefer to come up with your own solutions to problems but are not afraid to ask for help. You enjoy making suggestions for how to improve our product and business, no matter the department. You’re the kind of person who roots for the underdog. And lastly, this job will probably be a lot easier if you have a soulmate-level love for authentic pizza.
Join a community of best-in-class engineers who combine creativity, curious minds and a commitment to excellence with the desire and commitment to grow and build on the engineering skill base and community here in NI. Missing a few of the criteria but have worked in a pizza shop? Why not get in touch!
- Above UK average Pension employer contribution
- Health and Dental Care
- Income and Death insurance
- £750 a year to use for any self learning/education
- Health and wellbeing benefits
- Flexible working
- Generous time off allowance
- Enhanced Maternity/Paternity schemes
- Childcare Vouchers
- Free pizza and healthy snacks
- Conference budget
- Substantial gym membership discount
How to Apply
We do not use agencies as we have a strong network of referrals, and also want you to have the best recruiting experience possible. A CV gives us a good idea of your background, we are interested in your latest work and projects. Education is great to see, but it's not overly important to us. If you have them, be sure to include links to any personal projects, blogs, contributions, or anything you want to add to your application.
My Pizza Slice Ltd is an equal opportunities employer and we value Diversity. We appreciate the differences in style and perspective as we believe it adds value to the organization, and we aim to recruit likeminded employees. We are also proud members of the Diversity Mark NI initiative as a Bronze Member.
This job comes with several perks and benefits
Friday is something special, let's enjoy a beer together.
Get your caffeine fix to get you started and keep you going.
Want to be a partner? Look no further.
Break a leg! Seriously, we got you covered in our company healthcare plan.
Kids are the future, go spend time with them.
We take care of you, even when you are old and wrinkly.