UI/UX Designer will drive the product expansion for a whole new category of fun&secure group chatting for Gen Z.
Highkey was launched 1 year ago and right now over 35,000 students are using the app. We are launching Highkey soon in 20 new colleges and trying to please 500,000 students. Highkey started as an event discovery platform but is turning more into a communication platform.
You can see us in the app store: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/highkey-campus-spotlight/id1421280730
Or hear what others have to say about us on medium:
UI/UX (Mobile) Designer, Part Time
You are unfamiliar with the word impossible. You lose gracefully and winning is second nature. When you see a problem, you don’t run away from it. You embrace the challenge. You are entrepreneurial and refuse to quit. Fairly technical and a business savvy problem solver. Someone who doesn’t just like identifying problems but likes fixing them. You own it and see things to a logical end. You are someone everyone around you loves to work with.
As our new mobile designer, you will work closely with the mobile product team. Your primary goals will be to design the next generation of mobile apps, websites and other mobile interfaces across multiple platforms such as iOS, Android, and mobile web.
We expect you to have an evolved understanding of how people use their devices, the flexibility to adapt to new technologies, and a robust toolkit.
Any concept you create will be brand-consistent across all mobile experiences that our company provides to our end users.
Responsibilities in detail:
The visual identity (meaning logo, colours, etc) and the interface of the app. So, the whole visual design (meaning both identity and usability).
● Develop intuitive, usable, and engaging interactions and visual designs for mobile.
● Provide strategic thinking and leadership.
● Collaborate with cross-functional teams throughout the design process
● Participate in the development process from definition, through design, build, test, release, and maintenance.
● Stay abreast of UX trends and look for creative ideas and inspiration in parallel analogous worlds.
● Research and track advancements in mobile application design patterns.
● Break any design problem down into viable actionable chunks and solve them with clarity and precision.
● Staying in the loop and on top of the latest standards, changes, trends in the mobile design field.
● Brand identity / logo
● Strong graphic design skills, with a good understanding of typography, intuitive layouts and palate development.
● Able to logically explain their design choices, whether they be visual or interactive.
● Strong ability to recognize and predict use-cases and user interaction, including happy path, edge and corner cases, and incorporate them into designs.
● Excellent understanding of user-experience design for mobile and the web, technology trends, demonstrable design skills, and ability to show relevant work.
● Proven ability to deliver high quality designs to customers.
● A team player who can easily adapt in a rapidly changing environment.
● Expert level skills in Photoshop, Sketch, Adobe XD, InvisionApp, UXPin or other relevant design tools.
● Deep understanding of Apple’s human interface design guidelines, Android design and other mobile platform designs.
● Around 20 hours of available time to work on Highkey, per week.
This job has a competitive salary, a very meaningful role in the company and remote work is allowed.
This job comes with several perks and benefits
Time is precious. Make it count. Morning person or night owl, this job is for you.
Get your caffeine fix to get you started and keep you going.
Easy access and treehugger friendly workplace.
Social gatherings and games; hang out with your colleagues.
Peckish after lunch? We got your back with soft drinks, treats and fruit.
Want to be a partner? Look no further.