We are looking for an Electronics Hardware engineer student, capable of developing a 50W DC-DC power converter and battery charging controller for a small scale Savonius wind turbine as part of his/her graduation project or internship. The converter shall be capable of input voltage range 0-20V, 0-3A, >90% efficiency. It shall also accept multiple battery chemistry and control the on/off operation of an external load.
This is a perfect opportunity to apply your skills into a real life project, and you'll get to experience an almost full product development cycle, from design to production!
After your draft design is approved and your prototype is proven to meet the basic requirements, the company will finance the manufacturing of a production batch, and you will participate in the talks with suppliers and the production adjustments and optimisation cycles.
Your Hardware design will take place in co-operation with a firmware/embedded SW developer: together you will reach the best compromise of HW vs SW implementation of features. You will also be monitored by an experienced in-house HW engineer, from whom you can draw knowledge and ideas for the schematics design.
Most of the work can be conducted remotely. For the parts of the work where hands on in the HW is necessary, and specific lab tools are needed, we can offer those to you in Copenhagen or in Malmo, but you may also chose to do that at your own home or university if such tools are available.
- Experience designing analog electronic circuits, writing schematic diagrams, performing electrical calculations.
- Experience soldering components, debugging electrical circuits and usage of common bench tools such as oscilloscope, multimeter, electronic loads, etc.
Note: your exact university course naming does not matter, as long as you meet the above criteria and this work can be counted as part of the credits you need for your graduation :)
- Experience with power electronics is a plus. If you know the difference between a synchronous buck-boost vs a diode rectified step-down topology, you are pre-qualified for the task at hand!
- Experience with PCB layout tools is a plus.
- Experience with electrical simulations (SPICE) is a plus.
- Experience with MPPT algorithms is a plus.
- Experience with embedded C or C++ programming is a plus.
Already graduated but interested in this position? Feel free to apply as well!
This job comes with several perks and benefits
Enjoy a free catered lunch with your colleagues, every day.
Time is precious. Make it count. Morning person or night owl, this job is for you.
Get your caffeine fix to get you started and keep you going.
Easy access and treehugger friendly workplace.
Social gatherings and games; hang out with your colleagues.
We want to take you from good to great.