We are looking for a highly motivated, experienced person to work as a System Simulation Engineer. As a system simulation engineer you will have responsibility to specify, design, develop and verify ship and marine port simulations and work with other teams and Awake systems to integrate and embed simulators in our end-user products.
Your tasks will involve at least following
* Develop simulation environments by using open sources, commercial and in-house code
* Develop simulation experiments and assist in simulator UI development
* Maintain high quality by developing simulator test cases and assist in test automation
* Validate difference in performance at system simulations and real performance
* Develop simulation methodologies
* Support component simulation library development
* Arrange training sessions to stakeholders, mainly other engineers and developers
* Keep up your knowledge on software simulators from open source, commercial and university sources
Skills we are looking for
* Some experience with building simulators for industrial or even marine domain
* Simulation concepts, types, methods and existing software knowledge
* Software (mostly back-end) development skills, preferably in Java, Python and Clojure
* Mathematical skills including optimization
* Some knowledge and experience from physics engines
In addition to pure technical items of the product under development, you will have an opportunity to involve social and human behavioral aspects into your work.
This job comes with several perks and benefits
Time is precious. Make it count. Morning person or night owl, this job is for you.
Get your caffeine fix to get you started and keep you going.
Easy access and treehugger friendly workplace.
Social gatherings and games; hang out with your colleagues.
Peckish after lunch? We got your back with soft drinks, treats and fruit.
We take care of you, even when you are old and wrinkly.