Slice is the easiest way to order authentic local pizza. We serve the $40 billion U.S. pizzeria market in two ways: by providing a pizza-centric mobile and web ordering experience for consumers, and by empowering local restaurants with technology that grows their business and helps them compete with Big Pizza. Can you imagine what a local pizza shop could achieve with the resources of Domino’s?
Slice was born in 2011 and has quietly bootstrapped its way to profitability while building a network of more than 8,000 pizzerias nationwide. Ilir Sela, the founder and CEO, started the company as a passion project to help friends and family in the pizza business, but he quickly saw a massive opportunity and has built an amazing team of operators, technologists, and investors.
- Extensive experience building production-ready front-end applications in React
- Experience setting up and using metrics, monitoring and analytics tools to measure front-end application performance
- Ability to create clean and organized front-end code that optimally loads.
- You have a fun and positive approach to your work, and treat others well.
- Ability and experience in mentoring others
- Excellent problem solving, analytical and organisational skills
- Strong communication skills
- Able to clearly express opinions on product design, while respecting the thoughts and opinions of their peers.
- Proven ability to communicate and collaborate effectively with engineers and non-engineering stakeholders alike
Nice to haves:
- Comfort in working on mobile-first web products
- Understanding the vision and goals for a web product, and looking at things from the user's perspective
- Ability to craft leading-edge front-end interactions
- Experience in implementing front-ends for Ruby backed systems is a big bonus
- Understanding of best practices for using libraries, version control, and sticking to a shared software development process
- Experience monitoring and maximizing the SEO of a web product
- Experience working with remote team members or offshore teams
- Industry Leading Salary
- Share Options
- Strong Pension contribution
- Health and Dental Care
- Income and Death insurance
- £750 a year to use for any self learning/education
- Health and wellbeing benefits
- Market leading Maternity and Paternity Schemes
- Childcare Vouchers
- Flexible working
- Generous time off allowance and policies
- Free Friday Pizza and Monday Breakfast
- Fully stocked kitchen/snacks
- Annual conference attendance and training/development budget
- Substantial gym membership discount
We operate like a startup, so being self-motivated, curious, and flexible is a good start. You prefer to come up with your own solutions to problems but are not afraid to ask for help. You enjoy making suggestions for how to improve our product and business, no matter the department. You’re the kind of person who roots for the underdog. And lastly, this job will probably be a lot easier if you have a soulmate-level love for authentic pizza.
Join a community of engineers who combine creativity, curious minds and a commitment to excellence with the desire and commitment to grow and build on the engineering skill base and community here in Northern Ireland, therefore we do not hire remote engineers. Missing a few of the criteria but have worked in a pizza shop, or feel you can solve some of our interesting problems? Why not get in touch!
How to apply?
A CV gives us a good idea of your background, we are interested in your latest work and projects. Education is great to see, but it's not overly important to us. If you have them, be sure to include links to any personal projects, blogs, contributions, or anything you want to add to your application.
My Pizza Slice Ltd is an equal opportunities employer
This job comes with several perks and benefits
Friday is something special, let's enjoy a beer together.
Get your caffeine fix to get you started and keep you going.
Want to be a partner? Look no further.
Break a leg! Seriously, we got you covered in our company healthcare plan.
Kids are the future, go spend time with them.
We take care of you, even when you are old and wrinkly.