Interested in smarter image technology?
Filtr is a Norwegian, cloud based platform and mobile applications that allows e-commerce brands to have full control of all their images. The solution is built around a unique process that facilitates and streamlines the production and publishing of images online. With Filtr, brands can easily access large scale image production teams, publish their images wherever they wish, boost their product visibility and appeal, improve quality management and enhance their profitability. This is “Smart Image Production”.
We’ve established a strong presence in the Scandinavian markets, working with some of the leading brands. Now, we are on a journey to build the leading tool for large scale image production and publication.
At Filtr we are committed to creating a relaxed, friendly and inclusive working environment and culture. Under normal circumstances, we have social lunches - “Falafel Friday” - and participate in team-building activities throughout the year. Having fun and making cool stuff together is at the heart of everything we do!
About the role:
We are looking for a talented Full-Stack Developer, with strengths in back-end and architecture, to join our team.
This is a unique and exciting opportunity to join a well-established scale-up, at a vital rebuilding stage, allowing you to play a significant role in helping build and shape the future of Filtr, together with the existing team.
You will help build a market leading technology platform, and play a key role in the further development of our platform and mobile applications, helping us take the company to the next level. As our development lead you will cover the whole product development process, from product management, design, security, and prototyping, to front-end and back-end implementation, as well as QA.
We are a small business which means you will have a lot of flexibility and freedom to do cool things!
Ultimately, we are looking for someone who is smart, kind, trustworthy, and fun to work with. We are mostly focused on who you are as a person. Internally we all have a growth mindset and appreciate failure as much as success, by learning, growing, and becoming better at what we do. Our company philosophy is “Working better together”.
What will you do:
- Develop technical aspects of the platform to ensure alignment with its business goals
- Ensure our tech is built on a solid architecture, flexible enough to handle our future roadmap
- Ensure high levels of security are maintained and upgraded where necessary
- Discover and implement new technologies that yield a competitive advantage
- Build market leading APIs designed for developers around the world
- Help the business use technology profitably
- Supervise system infrastructure to ensure functionality and efficiency
- Build quality assurance and data protection processes
- Use stakeholders’ feedback to inform necessary improvements and adjustments
- Communicate technology strategies to the co-founders
- Be part of a team that is passionate about achieving great things together
- Continuously learn new things, and improve our engineering practices and processes
You will have the technical freedom to ensure we have the right tech stack for our products.
As our first inhouse technical person, you will become part of our core team.
We would love to hear from you if:
- You have excellent full-stack web development experience
- You practice modern software development techniques such as unit testing, continuous integration & distributed version control, and care deeply about the quality of your work
- Knowledge of technological trends with the ability to conduct technological analyses and research
- Excellent understanding of interface design and the importance of design in general
- Excellent communication skills
- Superb organisational abilities
- Strategic thinking and problem-solving aptitude
- Structured, self-propelled, proactive and effective
- Result-oriented, purposeful and hungry for success
- Willingness to learn and desire to build something great
- Ability to look at the big picture, and long term goals
- Capacity to work independently, but also enjoys working in a team
- Identify with our business values of being smart, kind, trustworthy and fun to work with
- Excellent level of English, both speaking and writing (work is primarily conducted in English)
- A people person
- Love what you do and live what you do
- BSc/BA in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field
It would be good, but not required, if you:
- Experience with cloud services such as AWS
- Have previous experience or are willing to learn Laravel
- Norwegian is not essential but would be beneficial
- Prior experience at a growth stage Internet/software company
- Know or have worked with image technology
Current Tech stack:
We can offer:
- Competitive compensation package + equity (to be negotiated)
- Flexible working arrangements and a healthy work/life balance
- Exciting and varied work tasks
- Great development and growth opportunities
- Fantastic location and environment
- Sponsorship to attend an industry or trade conference of your choosing
- Annual company trips and team building sessions
- Friendly and skilled colleagues
- A chance to live and work in Oslo, if you're not already here
Our office is at Startup Lab (https://startuplab.no), inside Oslo Science Park on the University of Oslo Campus, a short walking distance from the subway.
We look forward to hearing from you :)
This job comes with several perks and benefits
Time is precious. Make it count. Morning person or night owl, this job is for you.
Get your caffeine fix to get you started and keep you going.
Easy access and treehugger friendly workplace.
Social gatherings and games; hang out with your colleagues.
Peckish after lunch? We got your back with soft drinks, treats and fruit.
Want to be a partner? Look no further.