· Overseeing overall software architecture design and related decision making throughout product portfolio
· Collaborating with internal and external professionals to define functional and non-functional requirements for software architecture
· Use tools, processes and methods to create presentations for overall software functionality of developed product
· Develop high-level architecture specifications with attention to overall system integration
· Define all aspects of development from appropriate technology and workflow to coding standards
· Communicate successfully all concepts and guidelines to internal and external development teams
· Overseeing progress of development teams to ensure consistency with initial design intent
· Provide technical guidance and coaching to developers and engineers
· Ensure that software meets all requirements including functionality quality, security, modularity etc.
· Bachelor's degree, Master's degree or PhD in Engineering or equivalent technical capability based on practical knowledge and experience
· Proven experience as software architect
· Broad knowledge of the software and system development process and its technologies
· Experience in software development and coding in various languages (C++/C#, Python etc.)
· Good knowledge of software designs and architectures (e.g. microservices and containerisation)
· Knowledge of UML and other modelling methods
· Understanding of software quality assurance principles
· Experience in software development lifecycle processes
· Knowledge of modern/agile software development methods
· Experience in developing technologies/products for marine industry is preferred
· Knowledge of safety critical SW development and processes is preferred
· Experience in working in multicultural , multivendor environments
· Good verbal and written English communication skills
What we can offer
· Competitive salary and benefits
· A chance to be part of a growing international company
· Interesting work with multiple choice to execute it creatively
· Room and possibility to learn and make headway in your career
· Creative and dynamic international working environment and team
· Flexible working hours to ensure a good work-life balance
· Office located in the heart of Turku Science Park with easy transport access, other locations can be considered
This job comes with several perks and benefits
Time is precious. Make it count. Morning person or night owl, this job is for you.
Get your caffeine fix to get you started and keep you going.
Easy access and treehugger friendly workplace.
Peckish after lunch? We got your back with soft drinks, treats and fruit.
We want to take you from good to great.
You know how you perform best. Work from your couch, your favorite cafe or abroad when you feel like it.