Octarine is a synthetic biology company producing functionally superior cannabinoids using engineered microbes. We have developed in-cell enzymatic platforms capable of making precise, stereospecific, and functionally relevant modifications to cannabinoid molecules to enhance their therapeutic and pharmacokinetic activity, expanding the chemical diversity of cannabinoid molecules beyond what is available in nature, in ways that are impossible or infeasible to achieve using chemical synthesis.
We're looking for a talented fermentation scientist to help scale up the production of our novel molecules. This is a fantastic opportunity to get in on the ground floor of a young biotech company seeking to improve peoples lives and transform a rapidly growing industry.
You will work alongside our metabolic engineers and chemists to implement a variety of different fermentation protocols to determine the most effective way to scale-up production.
In particular, we're looking for a motivated and self-driven individual who can independently perform the following;
- Set up and maintain lab-scale bioreactors
- Perform basic fermentation techniques e.g. batch, fed-batch
- Perform more complex fermentation techniques e.g. (semi) steady-state, 2-phase, retentostat, accelerosta
- Perform in vivo and in vitro bioconversion experiments
- Design and implement scale-up protocols for larger volume fermentations
Candidates should ideally have a PhD in fermentation technology or a related field.
If this sounds like you, please apply ASAP!