CHOOOSE seeks a senior software architect based in Oslo to join our fast-growing team.
As an early hire to the CHOOOSE Team, the senior software architect will contribute to rapidly advancing the CHOOOSE tech portfolio to scale current and future business. More specifically: you will be responsible for our architecture (currently a JAMstack), and contribute to the advancement of our deliveries across web, apps, public API’s, as well as our next-gen (blockchain based) impact “backend”.
CHOOOSE was founded with one vision: to address the greatest crisis of our generation by delivering a simple, compelling way for individuals and businesses to address their unavoidable carbon emissions.
While everyone is encouraged to work towards a lower-impact lifestyle, there are unavoidable carbon emissions associated with life in today’s world. CHOOOSE is focused on addressing this unavoidable component while accelerating the shift to a carbon-free economy. Today, CHOOOSE provides a subscription service that enables anyone to automatically offset their carbon footprint. The CHOOOSE service is actively used by 150+ companies and thousands of climate-conscious individuals.
CHOOOSE is building a different type of climate-focused company. Members of our team come from software, design, finance, and hard sciences. We think meaningful change requires a competitive, technology-driven mindset with a bias towards action. CHOOOSE has been recognized as one of the most exciting startups in Scandinavia; this includes being named a top 10 global startup by Richard Branson’s Extreme Tech Challenge in 2018 and winner of Best Nordic Startup XTC 2018 at CES.
• Develop digital products in a small, growing, tech team in tight collaboration with our excellent entrepreneurial business and marketing minds.
• Own the CHOOOSE architecture and make technology choices that ensure reliability, scalability, and security without unnecessary complexity
• Contribute to planning, design, and implementation of CHOOOSE software
• Rapid prototyping and iteration on new CHOOOSE tech-based offerings
• When appropriate, write robust, well-tested and documented code of high quality
• Actively develop colleagues in the team and by participating in code reviews, discussions, whiteboard sessions, and tech talks
• Contribute to a good DevOps culture in the team
We are looking for someone who has:
• Flexibility: the ability deliver within the range of ‘rapid prototyping’ to ‘clean, scalable and maintainable code of really high quality’.
• An interest in solving problems without introducing unnecessary complexity, and who knows when it’s essential to invest appropriately in solving a problem thoroughly vs. when a quick solution would work well.
• Experience defining and owning software architecture and making technological choices.
• Experience building cloud-based solutions in an environment like Microsoft Azure.
• Experience with modern web development and e-commerce.
• Experience with API, App, and Blockchain related development is preferred.
• Experience with VR/AR, game dev, viz, or analytics is a bonus.
• Drive to grow and learn new things continuously — and share with those around you.
• Willingness to contribute to our teams and the tech scene, recruit, lead and develop others.
We offer you:
• A concrete way to directly address the greatest crisis of our generation
• A competitive compensation package
• Insurance and pension contribution
• A fast-growing environment with a clear path to promotion
• An international company with offices in Oslo and LA
• A positive but high-performance culture with high expectations
How to apply:
For immediate consideration, please send your resume and a few words about yourself.
For any questions about the position, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This job comes with several perks and benefits
Enjoy a free catered lunch with your colleagues, every day.
Time is precious. Make it count. Morning person or night owl, this job is for you.
Get your caffeine fix to get you started and keep you going.
Easy access and treehugger friendly workplace.
Social gatherings and games; hang out with your colleagues.
Peckish after lunch? We got your back with soft drinks, treats and fruit.