Have you ever wanted to stand right in the control room - and understand how to lead and operate a multi-faceted service business?
The Core AS is a small hospitality group located in Oslo, Norway founded in 2015. In a sea of franchises and corporate replicas, we aim to create unique, honest and affordable dining experiences. Our management team brings 30+ years combined experience from the service industry in the US, UK, Australia, Japan, and Southeast Asia. We currently operate four restaurants and one real estate business.
We are looking to train a talented individual initially as the CEO's right-hand woman/man, with the intention of priming for a full-time management/leadership position in the group starting 1 May.
Reporting directly to the CEO, the Assistant Manager provides executive, administrative, and development support to the CEO and Board of Directors, as well as the Core Restaurant Group`s Senior Leadership Team (SLT). The AM serves as the primary point of contact for internal and external constituencies on all matters pertaining to the CEO. TheAM serves as a liaison to the Board of Directors and SLT; organizes and coordinates executive outreach and external relations efforts; and oversees special projects.
Experience & Education:
• Bachelor’s student in business, finance or equivalent OR been working leadership positions in the hospitality industry for 5+ years
• Strong organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize accounting tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail.
• Passion for the food/drink, hospitality sector
Skills & Abilities:
• Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with stakeholders, including staff, board members, external partners and investors.
• Scandinavian speaking language a plus
• Excellent English writing, editing, and research skills.
• Highly skilled proficiency in cloud based apps, Apple apps, Google Drive, Excel. Tripletex/accounting experience a plus.
• Ability to work independently and with professional discretion.
• Excellent time-management and problem-solving skills. Knows how to hustle, a go-getter.
1. Initially assist the CEO with daily administrative duties including:
a. Assisting the restaurant managers in operational errands;
b. Taking meetings with suppliers;
c. Hands-on support to the restaurant staff;
2. Communicates with the general staff on the CEO’s behalf and coordinates logistics with high-level meetings both internally and externally. Coordinates meetings and strategic activities with the SLT.
3. Works with the finance/accounting division of the company (total 3 persons) and ensures targets and reporting are delivered on time.
Understands and coordinates with key stakeholders in the business;
Coordinates board meetings with partners;
Can perform key decision-making with analytics prowess and exceptional leadership skills
Salary and Benefits: Commensurates with qualifications and experience.
This job comes with several perks and benefits
Get your caffeine fix to get you started and keep you going.
Easy access and treehugger friendly workplace.
Social gatherings and games; hang out with your colleagues.
Peckish after lunch? We got your back with soft drinks, treats and fruit.
Friday is something special, let's enjoy a beer together.