Your key responsibilities in this role are to:
- Identify and develop new business leads through lead generation activities
- Maintain a pipeline of qualified sales opportunities within the UK
- Engage clients from the existing databases, sales lists and contacts to book appointments for meetings, on-line or face to face demonstrations and presentations
- Compile lists of prospective clients from external sources, including the internet and through attending conferences
- Conduct Discovery Sessions with clients to gain an appreciation of their environment and challenges
- Build and deliver on-line and face to face demonstrations and presentations to existing and potential customers
- Be a product champion and develop a deep understanding of the functional capability of the solution
- Visit prospective client businesses to establish and act on selling opportunities
- Assess customer needs and explain where and how the product can satisfy those needs
- Prepare quotations, negotiate prices and payment terms and close sales
- Report sales performance and sales pipeline status on a weekly basis
- Develop, maintain and grow relationships
- Achieve and where possible exceed personal sales targets
You will coordinate and will work closely with MD’s existing Public Sector team to drive increased market share for the company across the UK Local Government sector.
Technical Skills and Experience
- Experience in new business sales, preferably in the Local Government Sector
- Experience in a customer facing role
- A proven track record of closing sales and hitting targets
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Previous Delivery of Interactive presentations
- Experience of successfully selling IT services/solutions (not exclusively software)
- An Ambitious, confident, enthusiastic individual with a “can-do” attitude
- A self-starter used to working on their own initiative
- A resilient and tenacious nature and a willingness to persevere and stick with it
The ideal candidate will have a strong sales background complemented by a Third Level or Degree Qualification, although this will not be a barrier to appointing someone who meets and demonstrates the Technical and Personal attributes described above.
This job comes with several perks and benefits
Get your caffeine fix to get you started and keep you going.
Time is precious. Make it count. Morning person or night owl, this job is for you.
Easy access and treehugger friendly workplace.