Agreena is an exciting, dynamic and purpose-oriented organisation united in a mission to drive impact for farmers and the climate. While we’re rooted in agriculture, finance and technology, our team of experts range from soil carbon scientists and software developers to market strategists and regulatory affairs experts. More than 30 nationalities are gathered under the common Agreena flag – either working from our headquarters in Copenhagen or remotely across Europe.
Agreena provides solutions that drive both environmental and financial sustainability. Within the last year alone, we have helped farmers across 13 countries in their conversion journey to regenerative farming practices. Our company offers a supportive and positive work environment with opportunities for learning, leading and growth no matter where you are in your professional journey. We believe in giving our employees a lot of responsibility, and we encourage new thinking, innovation and fun.
And this is where you come in:
The demand and interest for our service is increasing rapidly, which is why we are looking for an entrepreneurial and commercially driven candidate within the industry that can lead and guide our commercial entry of Agreena across Northern Europe.
As the Head of Markets, you will lead a team of Market Leads, Key Account Managers and Partnership Account Managers across the UK and the Nordic region in Northern Europe. This is a senior leadership role in our established Farming Commercial (Europe) department and requires an entrepreneurial spirit and strong leadership skills to drive growth and impact.
How you will make an impact:
- As the Head of Markets for Northern Europe, you will lead the effort to scale our ongoing expansion activities in Denmark, Finland, Baltics and the UK, with support from headquarters and local teams. You should be knowledgeable in all commercial business matters and leverage the in-market expertise and ecosystem, with the ability to handle both practical and complex strategic initiatives.
- You will serve as the face and voice of Agreena across Northern Europe, with responsibility for both commercial and political communication towards the markets. It is critical that you are interested in developing and executing local go-to-market strategies, in collaboration with headquarters and local teams.
- One of your primary tasks will be to support and drive the ambitions scale-up of our market presence across Northern European markets through management and guidance of our direct sales teams and external sales partners.
- Effectively manage sales / marketing budgets and engagement with all the key industry players crucial for successful expansion, including commercial partners and political and regulatory stakeholders.
Who we're looking for:
- 10+ years of experience in the ag industry in a senior commercial role, with a strong background in leadership and commercial roles.
- Strong track record in managing sales teams and sales partnerships.
- Deep industry insights and a well-recognized profile in the agricultural industry.
- Proven ability to build and sustain networks of influence across a broad range of stakeholders.
- Fluency in Danish and English is required.
- A valid driver’s licence is also a must.
Bonus points if:
- Worked with tech product offerings
- You have had full P&L responsibility and managed marketing budget and plans
- You have a deep understanding of the local political agricultural landscape and experience with industry associations
- Farm-level experience or understanding would also be highly valued.
What's in it for you:
- A unique opportunity to join and help shape a fast-growing tech scale up with the determination and ambitious mission to reverse climate change
- A truly global environment where you can collaborate and socialise with diverse and passionate colleagues
- Competitive compensation package and holidays
- Team events throughout the year
- An exciting purpose-led culture and mission
- Open communication and supportive feedback culture
🌍 Be your best-self everyday at Agreena
At Agreena we are devoted to building an environment that promotes equality, inclusion, and diversity. We are on the path towards expansion and growth so with that, we believe everyone’s uniqueness should be celebrated and embraced to help us achieve this exciting journey. This is critical to our success and innovation. We want to build a product that is loved by our customers and we want the same to be reflected in our teams.
With this in mind, we are working to ensure Agreena remains a diverse and inclusive environment for everyone.