Agreena is an exciting, dynamic and purpose-oriented organisation united in a mission to drive impact for farmers and the climate. While we’re rooted in agriculture, finance and technology, our team of experts range from soil carbon scientists and software developers to market strategists and regulatory affairs experts. More than 30 nationalities are gathered under the common Agreena flag – either working from our headquarters in Copenhagen or remotely across Europe.
Agreena provides solutions that drive both environmental and financial sustainability. Within the last year alone, we have helped farmers across 13 countries in their conversion journey to regenerative farming practices. Our company offers a supportive and positive work environment with opportunities for learning, leading and growth no matter where you are in your professional journey. We believe in giving our employees a lot of responsibility, and we encourage new thinking, innovation and fun.
And this is where you come in:
As a Program Scientist you will investigate the potential for carbon and natural capital technologies to integrate to our existing program of work.
The Agreena Program involves investigating the science required for on farm activity and data measurement that can support verification by independent standards. The team comprises the Science, Standards, Data Operations and Agricultural group. You will be a part of the Program team which is focused on Science and will be working closely with fellow scientists to build the Agreena methodologies to meet international carbon standards.
We are looking for someone who has a scientific background with experience in academic and corporate sectors. This person will have a knowledge of climate, environmental or carbon sciences combined with an ability to communicate and effectively include this knowledge in the Agreena Program. An ideal candidate is mission-driven, with a deeply rooted ambition to transform scientific insights and understanding into a solution with real impact.
This position is located in our HQ in the centre of Copenhagen.
How will you make an impact:
- Executing research of relevant literature and discussion with key stakeholders (e.g third parties, farmers, others) to determine best technologies that can be incorporated on farms to reduce emissions, increase sequestration or have an overall impact on natural capital;
- Collaborating with the wider Agreena teams to translate your research into activities and logic that go along with for the wider business objectives;
- Communicating new practices and overseeing streamlined processes to integrate into the Agreena program;
- Building and maintaining strong relationships and partnerships with leading Universities and Institutions in this field to jointly build and improve a solid backbone and taxonomy for the decarbonization of agriculture.
Who we’re looking for:
- Minimum 3 years experience working in relation to climate change, carbon and/or the environment following studies;
- Proven experience as a researcher/scientist with focus on organic carbon capture, biogeochemistry and/or soil (agriculture focus is a plus) and practising this in the corporate sector;
- Scientific knowledge of research and relevant literature in climate change, carbon and/or the environment with focus in the agricultural and agroforestry sectors;Up to date knowledge of the research and factors impacting complex biogeochemical processes that affect carbon sequestration and GHG emissions;
- Peer-reviewed publications, articles or other material which documents working within environmental sciences including carbon, soil biogeochemistry, GHG emissions or other related disciplines;
- Minimum Masters degree in Agronomy, Biology, Engineering or similar;
- Proactive mindset that is willing to identify problems and seek solutions on their own initiative;
- Fluency in English.
Bonus points if:
- Have experience with research for private business and/or academia;
- Have experience in data analytics;
- Have excellent analytical and problem solving skills;
- Are passionate about collaborating with different teams;
- Are detailed-oriented with the ability to produce well-presented, error-free results.
What's in it for you:
- A unique opportunity to join and help shape a fast-growing tech scale up with the determination and ambitious mission to reverse climate change
- A truly global environment where you can collaborate and socialise with diverse and passionate colleagues
- Competitive compensation package and holidays
- Remote Work Policy
- Team events throughout the year
- An exciting purpose-led culture and mission
- Open communication and supportive feedback culture
🌍 Be your best-self everyday at Agreena
At Agreena we are devoted to building an environment that promotes equality, inclusion, and diversity. We are on the path towards expansion and growth so with that, we believe everyone’s uniqueness should be celebrated and embraced to help us achieve this exciting journey. This is critical to our success and innovation. We want to build a product that is loved by our customers and we want the same to be reflected in our teams.
With this in mind, we are working to ensure Agreena remains a diverse and inclusive environment for everyone.