We’re here to champion and elevate esports, taking it to the next level of global entertainment. We create live and digital experiences. From tournaments that pack out major arenas to content that will blow your socks off.
We’re opening the door to millions of fans, celebrating the highs and the lows, the rollercoaster of emotions, the high octane drama of live competitions, the tribal team loyalties and the intense thrill that every second of competitive gaming brings
For more information about BLAST, see here.
- Full time
- Proposed Start Date: Asap
- Location either London or Copenhagen
BLAST is working on an exciting, new major multi-year project with a new partner, managing the global esports ecosystem of a AAA publisher. This was announced in December 2022, with Ubisoft and Rainbow Six Siege, see here for more details.
This will require an experienced, enthusiastic tournament operations manager to lead competitive integrity, rules, formats and ensuring a top-quality, competitive experience for players and teams across fully online/remote play, closed LAN and stadium matches with fans in attendance - across grassroots/qualifiers through to top-level pro play.
This is BLAST’s first activity in Rainbow Six Siege, so candidates should have experience in R6, or an active interest or passion for the game alongside experience in multiple other titles. You will be focused on Rainbow Six but will also be part of a team of other esports operations professionals across teams, players and tournament operations where best practice can be shared across titles.
- Be the lead contact internally at BLAST, and for Ubisoft as required, for all topics related to tournament operations.
- Source, brief and manage admins and referees around online/LAN competitive play, creating a clear, appropriate and proportional escalation pathway and ensure it is followed correctly.
- Liaise with ubisoft around workflows, actions, enforcement, sanctions and importantly pre-empting issues that may arise
- Liaise with the selected technology platform, or platforms, that operate any online qualifiers to ensure their formats and schedules are correct, their automated and/or manual administration processes and anti-cheats are upheld.
- Ensure match schedules are accurate and considered alongside relevant third parties e.g. broadcast partners and communicate and co-ordinate regularly with broadcast teams on site when players are on stage.
- Support the creation of, or adaptations to, the rule book and ensure it is followed either directly or via third parties/suppliers/admins etc.
- Advise on formats creation or adaptations for various stages of the esports ecosystem.
- Be responsible for all matters of competitive integrity and world-class set up, in regards to LAN play - including practice room set ups, peripheral and driver checks and processes, staging set-up, computer installation, game patching etc, and general rule enforcement.
- Regular reviews and updates to best practice and procedures holistically
- Be part of a team dedicated to success, contributing to each other’s areas and outputs proactively as part of a project team with shared goals and collaboration across departments (commercial, product, tournament operations, marketing etc.)
The ideal candidate:
- You will have professional experience managing multiple stakeholders such as game publishers and pro teams/players
- A strong communicator internally and externally
- An attention to detail -particularly on matters of rules and competitive integrity
- A good planner, someone who can plan their time, workflows and deadlines in advance to ensure smooth delivery in the lead up, and during events.
- The ability to initiate, plan, execute and evaluate the work of a team to meet specific success criterias within a specified time
- The ability to thrive in an ambiguous environment where you can proactively identify problems and opportunities and create solutions
- Competitive salary package
- Unique opportunity to join the development of a global esports company and be part of a fast-moving organisation that already has made a substantial footprint in the world of esports.
- An energetic, fun, and social work environment with fantastic colleagues.
- An informal workplace with flexibility and freedom with responsibility.
- Team events and social events (e.g. in June all BLAST employees enjoyed 3 days together in Lisbon)
- Semi-regular travel to Paris (Ubisoft HQ) and physical event locations.
- Pension and Health Insurance