We’re here to champion and elevate esports, taking it to the next level of global entertainment. We create live and digital experiences. From tournaments that pack out major arenas to content that will blow your socks off.
We’re opening the door to millions of fans, celebrating the highs and the lows, the rollercoaster of emotions, the high octane drama of live competitions, the tribal team loyalties and the intense thrill that every second of competitive gaming brings
For more information about BLAST, see here
- Full time
- Reporting to BLAST Executives
- Proposed Start Date: Asap
- Location either London or Copenhagen
Would you like the best job at BLAST?
We are seeking an exceptional relationship builder who will lead the engagement with our most important stakeholders - our esports Teams and Talent. This role is all about relationships, communication and collaboration.
Reporting to the Executive Team, this role is fundamental to our strategic growth, external engagement and business operations. Making sure BLAST continues to be the number 1 environment for the best esports teams and players in the world is the goal we have set our hearts on and this role is paramount to us delivering this.
This role requires a broad range of skills including confident communications, nuanced external relationship development and management, strategy development, strategic communications and multi stakeholder coordination.
Core to the role will be the art of nurturing complex networks and relationships, balanced with the ability to hold and act upon BLAST’s priorities and needs.
Overseeing all aspects of our external team communications, you will engage and collaborate with the most passionate groups and individuals in the eSports ecosystem (our teams & talent) and become obsessed with bringing us all together to build the future of sports and entertainment under the BLAST umbrella.
- We need a big hitter confident in developing and evolving our key stakeholder relationships
- We want to know everything about our partners & community and we mean everything - understanding how our teams work, what matters to them, balanced with protecting and representing the needs of BLAST, you’ll have all the know how, and tools to manage this the right way
- You will use your skills and know how to ensure the decisions and actions we take bring our Teams & Talent closer to BLAST and provide valuable, personable experiences in return
- You’ll be a fantastic storyteller; able to excite and engage our stakeholders on our goals, direction and operational plans
- You’ll support and work closely with Managing Director on all strategic Team matters building a business that drives value for BLAST and supports the eSports ecosystem
- Onboarding and supporting our BLAST Member and Non-Member Teams on all matters, ensuring they understand our values, their commitments and the tournament rulebook
- Management of stakeholder scheduling including travel, media days and game days
- Manage BLAST x Teams working groups - lead sessions with team representatives designed to enhance our operations and processes
- Understanding the impact of strong marketing and commercial relationships between teams and the league they participate in can be achieved across multiple activities such as promotional, sponsorship, content, media etc.
- Own and be obsessive about commitments delivery with our partners, tracking and evaluating the value of the team's promotion to BLAST together with the Business Analyst
- Liaising with our partner Teams and Talent to drive social amplification of the best esports league in the world
- The ability to initiate, plan, execute and evaluate the work of a team to meet specific success criterias within a specified time
- The ability to thrive in an ambiguous environment where you can proactively identify problems and opportunities and create solutions
The ideal candidate:
- You will have professional experience managing multiple stakeholders
- Confident communicator and negotiator who can easily adapt from informal 1:1 conversations to formal Governance Meetings; and clear dictation to consensus and collaboration depending on the topic
- Communicating persuasively using multiple verbal and written channels
- Interest or experience in professional and commercial sport team environments
- An esports focus is not essential; the know-how and confidence to manage multiple complex stakeholders is
- Competitive salary package
- Unique opportunity to join the development of a global esports company and be part of a fast-moving organisation that already has made a substantial footprint in the world of esports.
- An energetic, fun, and social work environment with fantastic colleagues.
- An informal workplace with flexibility and freedom with responsibility.
- Team events and social events (e.g. in June all BLAST employees enjoyed 3 days together in Lisbon)
- Pension and Health Insurance