Hem is a direct-to-consumer design brand challenging the archaic furniture industry on a global scale. Together with vanguard designers and renowned European manufacturers, Hem crafts iconic products for homes and workplaces all around the world.
Being one of the world’s fastest-growing design companies (+100% year-on-year growth since 2016), and working with some of today’s most exciting international talents, among them Faye Toogood, Fabien Cappello, Max Lamb, and Sabine Marcelis, Hem is part of defining the physical spaces of tomorrow.
By leveraging technology in our core business, Hem is cutting out the middlemen and making their sustainable state-of-the-art furniture, accessories, and lighting available to clients all around the world. With a diverse team of plus 40 people operating from Hem’s showrooms and studios in Stockholm, Los Angeles, and New York, our journey is just getting started.
We’re looking for a talented, creative digital designer with experience building on-brand websites and marketing assets to join the e-commerce digital team here at Hem.
This is an opportunity to work in a small, dynamic team that values delivering beautifully designed digital experiences. You will own the creative and design vision for Hem’s websites, email and marketing assets in accordance with the brand guidelines defined by the creative team. As the only designer on the digital team, you’ll take ideas from concept to execution, collaborating with our marketing and product teams to deliver compelling experiences that delight our customers and are optimized for conversion & retention.
- Experience developing, prototyping, and shipping digital products
- Experience designing on-brand email campaigns and ad assets
- Experience with e-commerce
- Firm understanding and passion for websites, UI/UX, and visual site merchandising
- A clear understanding of design principles
- 3+ years of digital design experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, fluent in English
- Keen sense of typography, form, and color
- A knack for and interest in on-brand microcopy
- Strong digital graphic design skills
- Experience working and collaborating with engineering
- Experience with interaction design and user experience
This job comes with several perks and benefits
Easy access and treehugger friendly workplace.
We take care of you, even when you are old and wrinkly.
Metropolitists, beach boys and mountaineers we salute you and pay you to go and explore the world.
Short, tall, skinny, chubby we like you just as you are. But if you dream about a bum like J-Lo we got you covered.
Peckish after lunch? We got your back with soft drinks, treats and fruit.
Carve out time for your kids, friends and personal cider projects.