Carbon emissions are still increasing, but we can do something about it.
In Europe, 12% of our CO₂ emissions come from home heating - just as much as the transportation sector.
Heat pumps are roughly three times as efficient as traditional heating sources, so replacing oil and gas boilers with heat pumps is something that absolutely must (and will) happen.
The biggest bottleneck of that gargantuan task is the capacity of the installer workforce. The work required for installers to take on a heat pump assignment is in many cases not worth the effort vs. other types of assignments.
Our company has in its short lifespan seen enormous growth, and we’re now looking for more people to join us on our mission to decarbonise homes faster.
Short job description:
As a Senior Product Designer, you’ll define Lun’s design system and implement quality designs across consumer-facing, and craftsmen-facing interfaces. Heat pumps are complicated for both stakeholders to understand, and your job will be to design ways to make them feel simple, easy, and manageable to buy, use and install.
You’ll be working cross-functionally as part of our engineering, product & design group, closely collaborating to build valuable products that empower the green transition. As the first pure design hire, you’ll be responsible for creating a company’s visual identity from scratch, while running design processes from end to end to activate the designs across our platform.
- Define Lun’s design system: Build a design system and PoV that resonates with consumers and installers alike, for the benefit of the planet. The role will initially span our entire frontend including the landing page and brand profile but will transition focus on designing high-performing, delightful SaaS-like designs over time
- Develop low & high-fidelity designs: You’ll be designing across prototypes to pixel-perfect implementable designs across our feature stack. We can’t wait to see what you come up with!
- Run design processes end-to-end: You’ll be supporting the product function in getting out of the building to assert your designs ability to solve consumers' and craftspeople's valuable problems
- Champion the user perspective: You’ll be driving the user perspective on what we’re building, ensuring the user experience is delightful and effective at the same time.
- Shape the brand: Your work will help shape our brand position towards consumers, installers, and the wider community at large. We’re on a mission of transforming the decarbonisation of homes, and you’ll be leaving your footprint on how we’ll climb to that position.
You’ll be successful if:
- We end up with a distinct, but approachable design standpoint
- We’ve built a functional design system that enables frontend engineers to work quickly
- We are successful in creating a product experience where our users are able to complete their tasks efficiently that feels both delightful, smooth, and easy
A bit of flavour:
- We’re written, async, and work-whenever by default.
- We have ambitious international expansion plans.
- We believe in clear expectations and coaching > instruction.
- We’ve got very operational backgrounds, but so far consist of people leaning unstructured.
- Our daily work is in Linear, Figma, and Notion.
- We use remix.run, web components, storybook for frontend
- We find these sources inspiring:
- 3+ years in a Product Design role
- Strong background in UI design, but interested in UX, research & product disciplines
- Ability to take product design processes from start to finish
- Craftsperson mindset, take a pride in delivering quality at speed
- Insatiable curiosity
- Positive, generous & kind
- A structured approach to work. Preference for process & systems.
- Professional working proficiency in English
- A plus if: You’ve been a part of a VC-backed startup
- A plus if: You have professional working proficiency in Danish, German, French or Dutch
- A plus if: You’ve got experience building design systems for SaaS applications
- A plus if: You’ve got experience working with products in the AEC or tradesperson domains
If you feel like you don’t meet all of the requirements for a role, we encourage you to apply anyways. We know the confidence gap and imposter syndrome get in the way of meeting incredible candidates and don’t want them to get in the way of meeting you.
- Minimalistic pension in order to get insurances
- Work from where you want within Europe
- Cozy office in Copenhagen, or stipend for a home office / co-working space
- Quarterly offsite
- Pick your own hardware
- Up to 6 months fully-paid parental leave