Shape is an award-winning native app development studio based in Copenhagen, Denmark. We are known for building high-quality mobile apps that tackle real problems and push businesses forward.
At Shape, you will work closely with talented designers and developers and will help us build the brains and hearts of some awesome mobile apps used by millions.
You will put your existing skills to good use, and learn new ones by working together with other skilled people. We hope that you also want to share your knowledge with co-workers and assume you are as eager to follow the newest technology trends as the rest of us.
• Experience with modern web frameworks such as Spring, Dropwizard, Rails or similar.
• Solid experience with .NET development.
• Motivation to become a part of and learn from a team of experienced and passionate developers for web, iOS and Android.
• An interest in system architecture, caching techniques, REST APIs and data modelling.
• Experience working with relational databases such as Postgres.
• Maybe you also have experience with Docker and AWS services such as CloudFormation, ECS, S3, etc.
• It’s always good to also know frontend technologies such as React or Vue.
• Participate in the creation of scalable software.
• Join one of the existing or new projects, in teams of 2 to 10 people in size.
• Be able to operate in an open, inspiring and trust-based environment, where your voice will be heard in matters concerning your team.
• Be assigned a mentor, regardless of your experience level, for the first weeks at work, just so you can get familiar with the Shape ways of working (and coding).
• Be given the opportunity to operate with some of the newest technologies (which we are big fans of!)
⏱ Full-time, 37.5 hours a week.
📍 This is a Copenhagen-based, on-site position with flexible remote work possibilities.
💬 English proficiency is a must. Danish language skills are not expected.
💎 Read more about why to choose Shape on our career page.
📝 Application via the company career site
🕵🏻 CV screening by a Talent Acquisition representative - within 2-3 days
📋 Additional questions sent to the candidate [1 or 2 non-technical questions may be asked, with an optional video and/or text answers]
👥 1st meeting with a Talent Acquisition representative - usually no later than a week from the application [may be in person or on video, according to the candidate's location and preference]
🧑💻 Take-home assignment - a small task to work on from scratch
💁 2nd meeting - technical interview with a panel of senior developers [may be in person or on video, according to the candidate's location and preference]
👨👩👧👦 3rd meeting - Team and cultural fit [helpful for both candidate and team to get acquainted before deciding "it's a match"!]
Note: We are ready to fill the spot as soon as a good match is found.
🏙 Central office
Our office is located in a central area of Copenhagen, Denmark. Easy to access by bike or public transport (metro station: Islands Brygge).
📱 New tech gear
MacBook, the newest mobile phones, and ergonomic working setting? We got you covered.
🍝☕️ Food and drinks
Enjoy a catered lunch, great snacks and drinks with your colleagues, every day. These include plenty of vegetarian, halal, gluten and lactose free options.
🧑🎓 Skill development
We support your skill development with a dedicated education budget to attend seminars and courses.
👯 Social gatherings
Enjoy social gatherings, activities, Friday bars and games together with your colleagues.
⚖️ Work-life balance
Work is not everything. Carve out time for your family, friends, and fun hobbies.
🐥 Family friendly
We cherish families and understand that daily life can be full of unexpected events. We also open our doors to your little ones for Christmas Hygge or LEGO nights.
🏡 Remote work allowed
We are open to remote work as long as it fits in with your team. Working from your home country is also possible when visiting your family and friends.
🌍 Relocation package
We will take you through the process of getting a Danish work VISA for you and your immediate family. We will also arrange the trip and find an apartment in a good location for you.
⭐️ A competitive salary in accordance with experience and capabilities.
⭐️ We are organized with a very flat hierarchy without unnecessary project managers, but with team leads who also have technical backgrounds.
⭐️ Our office is located in Islands Brygge close to public transportation and the harbor, where both summertime and wintertime swimming is enjoyed.
⭐️ The headquarters offers a modern aesthetic, a comfy lounge area, and plenty of fun activities such as PlayStation tournaments, board game nights, family LEGO days, robot wars, and much more.
⭐️ But also social events, keynotes, morning runs (and swims) and Friday bars - not to forget an unhealthy amount of snacks, beverages, cake.
⭐️ Our team is very international and so far includes people from over 30 different countries. Our company language is English.
⭐️ A couple of times each year we press pause on our daily projects and retrieve to a remote location. We get together for socialising and hacking on side projects - we call this Shape Weekend. It is a lot of fun.
⭐️ Read more about why to choose Shape on our career page.