Shape is an award-winning native app development studio with headquarters in Copenhagen, Denmark. We are known for building high-quality mobile apps that tackle real problems and push businesses forward.
At Shape, you will work closely with talented designers and developers to build awesome digital products. You will put your existing skills to good use, and learn new ones by working together with other skilled people.
We’re looking for a Senior iOS Developer to join a new remote-first team of developers from all over the world.
• You will join a remote-first team of developers distributed across the world.
• You will work closely with your peers to build world class products - all the way from proposal to release.
• You will architect high-impact solutions using the newest technologies and execute them against a set of success-criteria.
• Tackle everything from huge new features to important bug fixes, from start to finish.
• Take ownership of major features and lead their maintenance and improvements over time.
• Collaborate with peers remotely during brainstorms, technical discussions, design reviews and code reviews.
• Solid experience with developing native iOS apps using Swift and the iOS SDK.
• Passion for writing pragmatic, performant and testable code.
• Skills to lead and collaborate on high-impact and complex projects from proposal through release.
• Ability to work independently and be self-driven in all aspects of your work.
• Excellent communication skills. We’re a distributed team, hence frequent and clear communication is a must.
🎉 History of success
For over a decade, we have brought impactful digital products to life and while we are not in it for the accolades, it is nice to be recognised for what you do. With over 50 national and international awards and honors under our belts, it shows we are doing something right in our quest to deliver results for those we work with.
🧑🚀 Be on the front line of progress and innovation
We support your skill development with a dedicated education budget to attend seminars and courses.
🌍 International team
Shape has an international team with people from over 30 different countries. Our company language is English.
⏳ Take charge of your schedule
You will join a remote-first team working asynchronously giving you the freedom and flexibility to organize your own work schedules.
⚖️ Work-life balance
From day one, we have been committed to making a place where people can do the best work in a meaningful way. This means working reasonable hours, spending each day in a welcoming environment, and taking time off when you need it. We believe in doing everything we can to help our people live healthy and full lives while doing work that makes a tangible difference.
⭐️ A team of exceptional developers
⭐️ 6 weeks vacation
⭐️ A 37.5 hour work week
⭐️ Work from anywhere in the world
⭐️ Take charge of your own schedule
⭐️ The opportunity to attend or present at global conferences and meetups
⭐️ Yearly company offsite with travel expenses paid
⭐️ The possibility to visit our office in Copenhagen
⭐️ Read more about why to choose Shape on our career page
Our hiring process consists of five stages, including one test project. The process usually takes three to five weeks depending on how fast each stage is completed.
🕵🏻 Initial application review
The team reviews your application - usually within 2-3 days of submission.
👥 Short chat with our Talent Acquisition team
We will have a short chat online for 20-30 minutes where we will provide more context about the role and Shape in general. You will have the opportunity to tell us more about you and ask us any questions you may have.
🧑💻 Take-home assignment
You will receive a technical assignment where you create a small app from scratch on your own time. The assignment simulates the work you would actually do at Shape and provides an opportunity to showcase your best work. We expect the assignment to take up to 8 hours to complete. (If you have an app in the App Store you are proud of, you are welcome to present this instead.)
💁 Technical interview
We will review your assignment and invite you to showcase your assignment during a technical interview with two of your future colleagues. You will present the app and codebase, highlighting the most compelling parts of the solution, before answering ad-hoc questions concerning your app.
👨👩👧👦 Final interview
You will be invited for a chat with two team members to get to know each other and to provide you an opportunity to learn about the day-to-day of the team. If it is a good fit for both parties you will receive an offer.