Carbon emissions are still increasing, but we can do something about it.
In Europe, 12% of our CO₂ emissions come from heating our homes - just as much as using our cars.
Getting those emissions to zero will be a gargantuan task; retrofitting someone’s home is a complex task involving many stakeholders, and there are 90 million buildings that need an upgrade.
Our company has in its short lifespan seen enormous growth, and we’re now looking for more people to join us on our mission to decarbonise homes faster.
Short job description:
Build a people platform that enables Lun to decarbonise homes faster. As Lun’s new People Lead, you will report to the COO, support Lun’s venture-backed growth and play your part in reducing Europe’s carbon emissions.
You will be the first person on the People team, designing and implementing our People Ops & Hiring functions from scratch. That means systems, tools, processes and frameworks - basically designing and implementing a “people platform” for Lun.
We’re small now and early stage. As the first hire, your responsibility is broad as we build out the function together (and get you some helping hands!).
- Build People from Scratch: Build People Ops & Hiring functions from 0 to 1 with assistance from the rest of the team.
- Strategic support: Drive how the People function will support the company mission & strategy.
- Values into virtues: You will help make every company value clearly actionable in team members everyday work lives.
- Hiring process: Design and implement a hiring process that delivers talent, diversity, and high culture fit.
- Career development: Facilitate building and implementing a clear career development function and framework for the different company functions.
- Performance Mgmt: Facilitate building and implementing each functions performance management framework.
- Compensation: Drive fair and scalable compensation frameworks. We’re all about transparency here.
- Ownership: Buck-stops-here ownership of issues pertaining to people & happiness. You are comfortable in owning the area.
- Share diverse candidates in the pipeline
Relevant tidbits of context:
- We’re built by people, and consider People a strategic function.
- We’re written, async, work-whenever by default.
- We have both an operations-heavy and a tech-side of the business with historically, traditionally different cultures.
- We have ambitious international expansion plans.
- We believe in clear expectations and coaching > instruction.
- We’ve got very operational backgrounds, but so far consist of people leaning unstructured.
- We find these sources inspiring:
- Very high emotional intelligence
- Honest, direct communication style
- A structured approach to work. Preference for process & systems.
- 5+ years experience in a People Operations/HR role with at least +2 years in a manager role
- Demonstrated experience scaling an organisation/business unit rapidly and the challenges that come with that.
- Professional working proficiency in English
- A plus if: You’ve been a part of a VC-backed startup
- A plus if: You’ve built hybrid/remote-friendly cultures before
- A plus if: You’ve got experience in operationally heavy work environment
If you feel like you don’t meet all of the requirements for a role, we encourage you to apply anyways. We know the confidence gap and imposter syndrome gets in the way of meeting incredible candidates, and don’t want it to get in the way of meeting you.
- 45.000-60.000kr/month in Denmark (compensation may vary based on location)
- Equity compensation package
- Minimalistic pension in order to get insurances
- Work from where you want within Europe
- Cozy office in Copenhagen, or stipendium for a home office / coworking space
- Quarterly offsite
- Pick your own hardware
- Up to 6 months fully-paid parental leave (parental leave benefits may vary based on location)