Carla has, in record time, built and scaled Europe's EV-only, online car retailer. Based on our traction and recent funding, we are now looking for a Principal Product Manager - Product for the Swedish market. In Product, this is where our ideas come alive. Your mission will be to drive the product vision and strategy for a cohesive, innovative in one of the fastest growing startups in Scandinavia- ever.
We believe that more people should be able to drive electric. Therefore, we have set out to build a company helping customers to find, get, own, and ultimately switch cars. Carla was founded in 2020, with strong VC backing. Our founders and C-level management have experience from companies like Google, Spotify, McKinsey, H&M, Hedvig, Uber, Volvo Cars, and Lifesum.
What drives us is to create extraordinary customer experiences by constantly challenging and improving things in an industry ripe for disruption. Our Product Managers move fast, fail, learn, and pivot.
Carla is growing at the speed of light, and we are currently looking for an experienced Principal Product Manager to join Carla and lead our ongoing expansion in Sweden.
YOUR MISSION AT CARLA
You will report directly to our Chief Product Officer and be a part of the product team at Carla. Our Principal Product Manager needs to be an analytical and data-driven individual whose mission is to build products with end-to-end obsession about the user. Their day-to-day will be a mix of strategy and experimentation: They will gather and analyse data and iterate with developer teams in an agile environment, until each product feature is perfectly attuned to the needs of our customers.
The ambition for this role is to have end-to-end responsibility for the user experience on Carla's website, ensure Carla’s alignment with e-commerce best practices, optimise for profitable inventory turnover, and build unparalleled trust between Carla and our users.
Example areas of responsibility will include:
- Drive the product vision and strategy for a cohesive, innovative approach to Carla’s capture and sale of used EVs online.
- Take ownership over end-to-end user journeys, marrying commercial goals with user needs to build an inspiring product vision shared across the entire company.
- Boost our set of ecommerce features to drive sales of EVs at a time when many are considering switching to EVs for the first time.
- Develop a roadmap in alignment with our overall product strategy, while managing cross-functional stakeholder needs and dependencies with other product teams.
- Own the research agenda for your product area, formulating concrete hypotheses, identifying the proper methodology to test them, drawing conclusions from the resulting data, and iterating with your team until your objectives are achieved.
- Partner closely with Product Design, Engineering, and various cross-functional partners (from Sales to Finance to Operations and beyond).
- Lead 1-2 teams of developers to execute against roadmap and strategy, in close collaboration with the Engineering Manager.
- Report directly to our Chief Product Officer and collaborate closely on developing a differentiation strategy that can guide Carla for years to come.
We believe that the ideal candidate has:
- Years of experience: 7+ years in a classic PM role.
- Industry experience: Worked in a product manager role for at least 5 years with E-commerce
- Proven track record of building products or features with commercial impact, especially in an e-commerce setting.
- Extensive experience in both defining product strategy and driving delivery against it.
- Comfortable driving projects from start to finish, with a predictable cadence, and involving multiple partners from diverse subject areas.
- Proven track record of formulating and testing product hypotheses.
- Proven track record of collaborating with key stakeholders like Design, Engineering, User Research, etc. and operating as a team lead in a fast-paced environment.
- The ability to stay upbeat and positive in the face of occasional ambiguity and chaos.
- Hard skills: Experienced with analytics. Strong understanding of qualitative and quantitative user research methodologies. Strong logical thinking. Familiarity with data/statistics a plus.
- Soft skills: User-centric thinking above all. Stellar cross-functional collaboration. Excellent verbal and written communication. Familiarity with crafting and communicating a strategy.
- English fluency is a must, Swedish fluency a plus but not required.
- University education in engineering, computer science, economics, or similar subjects (or commensurate professional experience).
As our next Principal Product Manager, you will drive product strategy and partner closely with senior leadership cross-functionally. We believe that the following characteristics are necessary to succeed in this role:
- Able to marry business needs with user needs to develop product solutions.
- Analytical and data-driven decision maker.
- Creative and strategic mindset.
- Effective communicator who is comfortable with managing ambiguity.
- Team player (leading a team of developers, collaborating with Designers and Engineering Managers, managing up to product leads and commercial leads, etc).
- A love for data, numbers, and qualitative insights.
- A bold self-starter not afraid to challenge leadership or the status quo.
WHAT WE OFFER
Most of all, this is a fantastic opportunity to work for a category-defining company, with great values, and a business model that doesn't talk about sustainability - but is based on it. Apart from that, we offer:
- Joining one of Sweden’s LinkedIn 2022 Top 10 Startups
- A unique opportunity to manage and develop innovative solutions to some of the products most challenging problems by collaborating as needed across departments
- A career-defining role at an early-stage startup and an opportunity to expand and learn from knowledgeable co-workers
- We’re a startup, which means we work smarter not harder. Life-work balance still plays an important role in creating long-lasting productivity and output
- A workplace that believes strength is found in diversity. We hire people regardless of background, education, religious beliefs, experience or gender
- On-site/Hybrid remote/Fully Remote on-site
- Market competitive salary and stock option program
- Culture & Values
Our guiding stars are to be: customer obsession, drive together, bang for the buck, take action be your smartest and dare to challenge. This goes into everything we do, from how we talk to customers, how we work, and who we hire. We want to have a lot of fun doing what we love, and we make sure to celebrate every success.