We are looking for a Senior Backend Developer to join our technology team who will be:
- Developing the Sayduck API facing all our products
- Translating feature requests into implementable features with the help of our Frontend and Product team
- Maintaining and further developing our overall Infrastructure-as-Code (Currently Serverless Stack and AWS CDK)
Technology and Tools we use:
- Ruby on Rails
- GraphQL / WebSocket
- Git / Github / Github Actions (CI / CD)
- AWS / Heroku
We are a flexible team, who loves working with others that have a passion to keep growing. So don't worry if you do not tick every single box in our day-to-day tools, as long as you are enthusiastic to learn, we will help you to get there!
What you have:
- Minimum 3 years experience
- Strong experience in software development
- Fluent English, both spoken and written
- An eagerness to learn new skills
- A desire to live and work in Helsinki, Finland
What you are amazing at:
- The capability and curiosity to learn fast
- Strong complex problem-solving skills
- Excellent project coordinating
- Great working in a team
- High ability to work systematically and independently
- Solid communication skills
- Adaptive to change in a start-up working environment
What would also be great but not required:
- Basic 3D Knowledge
- Familiar with popular Web-based 3D Frameworks (Threejs / BabylonJS / etc)
- Familiar with common 3D / AR Formats (gITF, glb, usdz)
What you’ll receive:
- Location: Finland - Helsinki (Metropolitan)
- Remote/Hybrid: You are welcome to work from the office and/or at home (1 - 2 days only per month at the office required for tech teams).
- Holiday & Sick Leave: In accordance with the Finnish Holiday Act.
Interested in working in Finland? Applicants applying from abroad, who wish to relocate to Finland at their own expense, are also very warmly welcome!
What you’ll benefit from:
- Flexible working - we trust you to do your work to the best of your abilities, and value accountability as well as your personal life. You are free to choose your working hours outside of required meetings, scheduled activities, priorities, and deadlines at Sayduck.
- Group team socials - in cities such as Stockholm, Vilnius, and our own capital, Helsinki.
- Beautiful headquarters - Located in the trendy Ullanlinna neighbourhood in Helsinki, you are free to use and work from our offices as it suits your schedule.
- Independent working - built on trust, we encourage you to take initiative in your own tasks and ask for help any time you need it. We are here to help each other towards the same mission, but we also respect our own workspace.
- A cultural environment that supports innovation and creativity - you have the freedom to think outside the box in our projects and overall mission.
- The latest cutting-edge technology and products - We provide you with all the tools to do your best work.
- Employee-defined quarterly roadmap goals driven by user needs and feedback - we value your input and collaboration to drive the team forward.
- We are open to change and improvement - if you think there’s a better way to do something we trust that you will talk about it so we can all continually strive to do better.
Our Hiring Process:
At Sayduck, we aim to always provide you with a smooth and efficient application and hiring process. Your application journey with us consists of:
Step 1: A CV Screening to make sure your experience on paper fits our needs
Step 2: A Coding Assessment will be sent to you via email with a 7-day deadline
Step 3: A 30-minute Company Culture Interview with our Talent Acquisition Specialist
Step 4: A Technical Interview with our Chief of Technology
Step 5: An offer is sent out to you
Step 6: Upon an accepted offer, we onboard and welcome you to Sayduck!
Competitive salary for the right candidate based on skills and experience.