Rokoko's offering unlocks the talent of millions of emerging creators that need fast, easy, and affordable animation tools.
Our tools are designed for independent creators whilst being adopted by some of the world’s largest animation studios, like Netflix, Sony, and Disney.
From the heart of Copenhagen, where it began, to our colleagues back in Athens and all the way across the USA, we all echo Rokoko’s calling - to empower the storytellers of tomorrow.
None of this would be possible without the humans behind Rokoko.
Creative, driven, and passionate about what we do, every day we stand by our mission and we’re looking for talented teammates that can join us to build creative tools within art, entertainment, film, research, education, or health.
We collaborate with top-tier game, film, AR/VR, and VFX producers as well as thousands of creators that make unique content.
Dare to join us too, we’d love to have you.
What you will be working on
Rokoko Care is a new product in Rokoko’s portfolio that uses our large knowledge of human movement to fundamentally change the way physiotherapists coach their clients to get better while giving patients real-time feedback on form and progress.
If you would like to push the boundaries of how technology can be used to improve health in the future then read on!
🙌 Rokoko Care’s engineering team:
Currently, the team consists of a Product Manager, Clinical Lead Physiotherapist, 2 Unity Developers, 1 JS developer, and a Product Designer. We are working with an Agile Mindset where we use processes to make collaboration for the whole team easy, not get in the way.
The team believes in:
Product first - We believe truly helping our users comes from delivering the best product experience. And that comes from thorough collaboration across all disciplines.
First-principles thinking - We thrive to solve complex issues at their most fundamental level to help get better solutions to our users faster.
Ship early, get feedback, and reiterate.
Taking ownership - It’s a team effort, so it’s important that everyone is empowered to take responsibility when needed.
👉 As our Senior Backend Engineer, you will be:
- Leading technical discussions in order to help define the future of the product in discussions with your peers from product, design, and engineering on a cross-functional, outcome-based team.
- Collaborating and recommending architectural solutions, while understanding and explaining trade-offs around time to market, structural and functional quality, security, maintainability, resources, and scope.
- Helping drive your team through large projects, while continuously assessing and communicating progress and iterating on solutions to stakeholders.
- Supporting and maintaining the existing code baseline and products.
- Exercising and improving Care’s engineering practices such as pair programming, code reviews, collective code ownership, and CI/CD.
🔎 So what kind of person are we looking for in this role?
- Inquisitive by nature - You are driven to understand how and why things work whether that thing is a coffee machine or the product manager's mind.
- Team player - We expect you to understand why collaboration and team dynamics are fundamental to delivering a good product.
- Outcome-oriented - When managing trade-offs between speed and quality you always look for the solution that fits the necessary outcome. Understanding that some things can only be fully understood when tested.
- Communicative - You’re able to translate your thoughts and ideas for both technical and non-technical people to understand so that you can share ideas, and opinions and engage in a collaborative effort.
👀 Now that we've told you what the job looks like, here are the qualifications we're looking for in our colleague:
- 5+ years of experience building software products.
- Someone who finds joy in mentoring and leading junior developers, while still getting hands-on with the code.
- A very clear interest in communicating the engineering view with all types of stakeholders.
- Experience with C# and JS - experience with Unity and/or computer vision is a big plus.
- Experience in cloud services, preferably Azure, but AWS or GCP experience also works. We value managed services over VMs, and Infrastructure-as-code over shell scripts. Automation is the name of the game in backend infrastructure.
❤️ Rokoko perks and benefits
- Work with an international team of 70+ talented individuals and a rare opportunity to work with professional motion capture/or other ESP.
- Fantastic office location, catered lunch scheme, healthy snacks and beverages, and #coffee breaks.
- 25 days of paid holiday(annual) and 5 optional(unpaid).
- Optional healthcare insurance and pension scheme.
- Work-life balance - we want you to win both at work and in life.
- Quarterly education fund program.
- Company fun runs - we love sporty outdoor activities from casual runs to marathons.
- Regular social gatherings, both in person and digitally.
- A quite unique opportunity to join Rokoko at the most exciting scale-up phase. We offer a steep learning curve and an ambitious work environment.
✨ Check us out
2021 has been an unprecedented year for us at Rokoko.
We've grown across teams and have welcomed 50+ talented people among our teams.
We've launched a new generation of the industry's favorite mocap suit, the Smartsuit Pro II.
We've seen first-hand our mission to make motion capture widely accessible demonstrated in the many works of our talented community, using our tools as a vessel to push the boundaries of digital artistry.
Let’s make 2022 even greater, together.
Thirsty for more?
Browse our Instagram stories and posts, Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, and TikTok. and join our community of 3D artists, VFX experts, and game devs on Discord.
Psst...and check some of our user stories here
Rokoko is an equal opportunity employer, therefore we do not select candidates based on sex or gender identity, mental disability or physical disability, religion, age, national origin or ethnicity, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, or parental status.
At Rokoko, we breathe diversity and creativity. Whatever your path or background is, however you express or identify yourself, join us and let’s get things in motion.