We are seeking to expand our core team to accelerate our expansion. We are looking for a long-term CTO and co-founder who wants to be a part of our journey.
Students are more stressed than ever before and curriculums are becoming longer, but it does not have to be that way. TurnIvy is a new, Copenhagen-based, app that distils the core principles from academic fields into a powerful, podcast-like format for students to get a leg up on their courses - on the go, at home, or wherever they need.
This is an opportunity to work at a fast-paced, unconventional, EdTech startup that believes in helping students study smarter.
In October, we launched our beta app (iOS and Android) and have since focused on gathering feedback and gradually improving it. Our core team consists of two founders, Tomas Zdychavsky and Gustav Nørrelund, our developer, Jonas Hansen, and advisor, Asbjørn Holmlund. Our team is understandable and realistic, and when you struggle, we will be ready to help you out. At our team, we strive for personal and professional growth, and aim to build a great environment which facilitates just that. Compared to big established companies, we don't have many predefined processes or fixed procedures, which means your ideas will be able to have real impact and shape where we go from here. We would like for you to join us for the long and exciting journey ahead, and to become a shareholder together with us.
Your primary role will be within IT development and management.
A dedicated back-end developer with front-end experience in Flutter is wanted to handle the technical development of our app, including maintaining, preparing, and advancing databases to handle thousands of users and new content combined with implementing new innovative features. You will have an important say in key decisions about the future development of TurnIvy and will have a lot of technical freedom – to us, it is not important how you do things, but the results we together achieve.
Our app is built in Flutter and the backend runs on jQuery through Docker, AWS, KrakenD, Graylog, Redis, and SQL.
You will help us develop and nurture long-term, sustainable growth, building on our progress and advancing our existing learnings. We are continuously re-inventing and building this as we fly, and you will be an essential part of our future success.
• Lives in Denmark (preferably in Copenhagen);
• Speak Danish and/or English;
• You live in the future (things done today will be done differently tomorrow);
• Understanding of what it takes to build reliable, scalable, and resilient systems using modern best practices;
• Confident in jQuery, KrakenD, Docker Swarm, Graylog, Redis, AWS, SQL;
• Experience or insights about front-end on Apps (iOS and Android) in Flutter and/or React Native.
• Informal culture (we’re not religious about titles);
• Focus on supported learning (it’s okay to fail, as long as we don’t make the same mistake twice);
• Flexibility (remote, vacation etc. We care about results, not the typical 9 to 5);
• Access to required software;
• Becoming an integral part of a driven team.
If this sounds exciting to you, please contact us. We encourage all applicants, regardless of background, age, gender, ethnicity, and orientation, to apply.
This job comes with several perks and benefits
Time is precious. Make it count. Morning person or night owl, this job is for you.
You know how you perform best. Work from your couch, your favorite cafe or abroad when you feel like it.
Carve out time for your kids, friends and personal cider projects.
Get your caffeine fix to get you started and keep you going.
Easy access and treehugger friendly workplace.
Social gatherings and games; hang out with your colleagues.