Keepit is looking for a Linux Specialist to join our Engineering Team in Copenhagen, Denmark
Keepit is a software company specializing in Cloud-to-Cloud data backup and recovery. Deriving from +20 year experience in building best-in-class data protection and hosting services, Keepit is pioneering the way to secure and protect cloud data at scale.
The Keepit platform is a set of networked services working in concert; we have a strong emphasis on performance and reliability, which influences how we approach development and write our code. The Keepit product is built from scratch which means that we can improve our platform as we see fit and address any issues we encounter. The entire platform runs on Linux. To support our growth with more and larger customers in more regions of the world, we need specialists with an in-depth understanding of the Linux kernel and its surrounding ecosystem.
As a Linux Specialist with Keepit, you will help us develop and improve our world-leading cloud-backup solution. You will help us solve the tasks and challenges we encounter on our way, and you will help us continuously iterate our platform to make sure that it lives up to the highest standards for security and performance.
- Performance troubleshooting - if a service is not performing as expected, troubleshooting the process interactions on a live server in order to identify the root cause and propose a remedy, possibly in collaboration with the development team.
- Planning, testing, and executing Postgres database cluster migration from an older version to a newer version with little or no user-visible interruptions.
- Designing the next iteration of our network infrastructure for high-performance multi-site communication, and planning and executing the transition from the previous iteration with no customer visible downtime.
As a Linux specialist, you will be joining our growing international Engineering team and you will play a significant role in the continued growth and success of our company. You will refer to our Chief Technology Officer, Jakob, and your office will be at Parken, the national stadium of Denmark. At Keepit, we take pride in being an equal opportunity employer and recognize how being a diverse workplace strengthens our product, customer relationships, and work culture.
We know that it is just as important that you choose us as the other way around. We believe it to be crucial to cultivate a culture where you feel you belong – this starts already in the recruitment process. Therefore, to be fair and transparent, we want to present the criteria you are assessed by if you choose to let your curiosity fall on us.
1. Linux Administration: Having a good understanding of Linux will be essential for this role. This includes being familiar with the Linux Kernel, filesystems, and memory management.
2. Networking: A good understanding of L2, L3, and L4 networking as well as an understanding of OSPF, BGP and Netfilter are significant bonus skills for this position. The emphasis is on Linux, but networking is important in everything we do.
3. Language: We use English as our preferred language, and being fluent in English, both written and spoken, is essential for this role.
4. Entrepreneurial spirit: We are passionate about winning in the market. However, we are also passionate about our workplace, and we know that a good work environment and great collaboration across our organization are crucial to achieving our ambitious goals. Therefore, we are searching for team leaders who, like us, are being motivated by building a fair and fun work environment at Keepit.
This job comes with several perks and benefits
Enjoy a free catered lunch with your colleagues, every day.
Time is precious. Make it count. Morning person or night owl, this job is for you.
Get your caffeine fix to get you started and keep you going.
Easy access and treehugger friendly workplace.
Social gatherings and games; hang out with your colleagues.
Peckish after lunch? We got your back with soft drinks, treats and fruit.