For a global leader in smart technologies and complete lifecycle solutions for the marine and energy markets, we're looking for a Cloud Software Developer to work on the IoT cloud platform to rapidly, robustly, and cyber securely collect, store, process, visualize data and efficiently manage operations around data streams from thousands of connected installations. If you have a solid foundation in software development, cloud platform experience and attitude to continuously learn the latest technologies, this position is for you. It's a unique opportunity to join a team of highly skilled professionals and take part in building the IoT platform to be more robust and scalable with a mixture of open source and commercial cutting-edge tools and technologies.
An ideal candidate would possess most of the following key skills:
- Experience with event-driven architecture and real-time stream processing platforms
- Experience in designing distributed systems with large scale data.
- Experience with Kafka pipeline: Kafka Connect and possibly KSQL
- Developing and deploying microservices in Kubernetes clusters
- Extensive experience in Java and Python
- Proficient with AWS services including S3, EC2, SQS, instances on scale etc.
- Experience with IoT systems producing hundreds of thousands of messages per second ideally with MQTT
Nice to have:
- Experience with time-series databases ideally InfluxDB.
- Knowledge of operating and maintaining Kubernetes clusters
- Some experience with Spark, Presto
- Some experience with functional programming e.g. in Scala
In addition, we expect:
- Ability to work in a multi-location environment and collaborate with multiple stakeholders
- Ability to prioritize and work on competing priorities
This job comes with several perks and benefits
Time is precious. Make it count. Morning person or night owl, this job is for you.
Get your caffeine fix to get you started and keep you going.
Easy access and treehugger friendly workplace.
Friday is something special, let's enjoy a beer together.
We want to take you from good to great.
Break a leg! Seriously, we got you covered in our company healthcare plan.