Work Ahead is mission-driven technology startup that helps enterprises survey anonymously workers in their supply chain, focusing on human rights, decent working conditions, and advancing sustainable development. We are located in Helsinki, Finland, and work with customers from Costa Rica to Nepal, from Pakistan to Thailand and beyond.
We have now a thesis position available for developing our social media and online brand strategy.
We are looking for a student with strong critical thinking and researching skills who will collaborate and integrate into our passionate team. This person will also gain an insight into building their professional brand and preparing for their upcoming career.
This thesis position will focus on developing Work Ahead's online brand strategy. It provide you with an opportunity to gain work experience from diverse social media and communications tasks:
- Work with all members of our team to create and implement campaigns
- Develop content calendars on a weekly and monthly basis
- Monitor analytics with the team to identify viable ideas
- Assist in press and media related work
- Create content for different social media
- Supervise social media content by responding to comments and inquires as well as monitoring postings and activates made by followers
- Research relevant outreach opportunities
- Assist with the creation and publication of Work Ahead monthly newsletter
As a successful candidate you are:
- Part of Bachelor’s or Master’s Program in Communications or related field
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English
- In-depth working knowledge of Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and Pinterest
- Interest in social media analytics, including Google Analytics and Facebook Insights
- Basic knowledge of Photoshop
- Strong attention to detail and organisational skills
- Strong interpersonal skills the ability to work effectively with clients, partners, and colleagues
- Twitter and LinkedIn proficiency
- Photography / Videography skills
- Familiarity with Photoshop and other editing platforms (even if you're just really handy with your iPhone editing apps!)
- Familiarity or interest in email marketing
- Interest in technology
- Interest in sustainable development, global justice and human rights
Please mention if you have a thesis grant from your university. We're also happy to support in applying for grant financing.
Perks and benefits
This job comes with several perks and benefits
Flexible working hours
Time is precious. Make it count. Morning person or night owl, this job is for you.
Near public transit
Easy access and treehugger friendly workplace.
Want to be a partner? Look no further.
We want to take you from good to great.
Maternity / paternity leave
Kids are the future, go spend time with them.