We do not have a particular sector focus. Our long term value based investment approach means that we concentrate on a particular set of business characteristics. Typically these would be:
- Mature (often family owned) cash generative business
- Shareholder / manager(s) seeking an exit
- An incumbent management team which is enthusiastic about taking the business forward
- Opportunity to grow the business (organically or by acquisition) through a re-energised and equity incentivised management team
- Where necessary, the introduction of a strong MBI candidate to replace the exiting owner
Beltrae Partners Limited was founded in 2003 by Ian Kerr, Conor McCullough, James Mairs and Greg Hamill to provide a discrete high quality all-island Corporate Finance advisory service to a range of corporate clients on the island of Ireland.
In addition, Beltrae Partners has used its own capital to invest in a range of Irish businesses alongside the executive management teams in those businesses. The objective is to empower management through an equity shareholding in the business they run to expand and grow the business for the benefit for all stakeholders.
Over the last 13 years Beltrae Partners have advised on the successful completion of over 190 corporate M&A transactions with a combinsed deal value in excess of £3.0bn.
In addition, Beltrae Partners has invested in 15 companies and after a number of successful exits it is still a significant shareholder in 5 companies - all based in N.Ireland.
Startups they funded
A summary of some of our investments to date is provided below: